Sponsored by:

breaks

Old 07-03-2002, 06:16 PM
kingquattro
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post breaks

posted 07-03-2002 17:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi, i am new to the form, and quite frankly i am an audi owner. i am thinking of doing some mods to my car and was wondering if anyone could answer couple of my questions.
i have 1996 2.8 a4 quattro.

i am thinking of doing a break upgrade and since porsche are well know for breaks i thought it will be the best place to start before i go for after market products.

so my car has 5x112 bolt pattern and the off set is 35 or 38 i belive. i am wondering if any porsche breaks (the whole nine yards) will fit my car. i have 18" wheels on my car currently.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:28 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

I am sure you mean Brakes. The answer is yes you canif you purchase the proper kits which include the wheel adapters because Porsche use a different pattern.
You will also need different wheels.
I can tell you that this is a very expensive way of doing things. I would recommend you look at a beefier set of Audi brakes. A8, Allroad, RS2 (Porsche 968CS brake system adapted to Audi 80), RS4 etc.
These mods are quite common in Europe but I have no idea what you have in the USA in the Audi world,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: breaks