Sponsored by:

selling 17" cup / buying 18" twist

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 01:08 PM
Mark Fig.
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post selling 17" cup / buying 18" twist

I am considering selling my 17" cup wheels off of my 993 and buying 18" twists. Does any one know how much difference I should expect to pay? I have about 1/4 tread on the continental tires which will go with the wheels. I guess what I want to do is sell my wheels and buy new ones. How much for each?

Thanks,

Mark Fig.
Old 08-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Larry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark,

I would check out ebay to get some idea of what your 17" cups are worth. If you check the sold items as well, it will give you an idea of the actual price of some past transactions. I think you will be disappointed and you may want to consider keeping your 17's (for winter or when you sell car). I recently put 18" wheels on my car and found that the trade in value, or outright sale was not worth letting them go. I kept mine so I can return the car to "stock" condition should I ever sell.

One note: The wheels that I put on were RH cup wheels and not a factory wheel, so my thinking was I would sell the car with stock factory wheels, and try to recoupe some of my cost on the aftermarket wheels by selling them outright.

Quick Reply: selling 17" cup / buying 18" twist