Old 08-01-2001, 09:37 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question H&R Spacers on stock '92 C2 Turbo

To all,

I am thinking of adding spacers to my stock C2 Turbo to bring the wheels closer the fenders. What do you guys think? Is it safe?
My car is in stock form with 17" x 7 and 9 front and rear respectively, and stock tire sizes also. It would cost too much to go for another set of wheels and tires.

H&R has spacers from 7mm to 65mm and price from $80 a pair to over $250. What size(s) should I use front and rear? With studs or w/out. I would assume that the kit comes with everything needed.

My car is 99.5% street car. I just want it to look a little better with a wider stance. The car is lowered with either Eibach or H&R springs and the front wheels look like they are deep within the fender wheel wells. There is plenty of space there.

TIA for all your help.

Sonny Vo
Old 08-03-2001, 06:02 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Sonny,
Legal limit under the regulatory authority which looks after Porsche, the German TÜV is 32mm per side. Here in Switzerland it is 20mm per side.
Any wider than 6mm and you need longer studs.
H&R make three different types of spacers. Ones without studs, ones with studs that you have to install and ones with studs already installed.
If you purchase ones over 32mm H&R are supposed to tag it "Not TÜV Approved".
For safety do not exceed 32mm but I personally based on what I know would not exceed 17mm on the rear and I would not put spacers on the front,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: H&R Spacers on stock '92 C2 Turbo