Sponsored by:

N Rated Tyres?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 04:59 AM
Iant
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post N Rated Tyres?

When going to my local tyre shop to buy some new rubber i was told i had to have N rated tyre's such as conti's N1. I was going to get Fulda's as there a fair bit cheaper and im going to change my 16" cups to 17" in a few months anyway, besides which the fulda's seem to get quite good write ups. My question is is this correct about only using N rated, im sure whilst looking at cars ive seen 964's with Fulda's and goodyears on?
Is it just 16" that it applies to as alot of porsche parts shops sell wheel/tyre packages and they all have cheap tyres such as Falkens and Kuhmo's? Someone enlighten me pls, right now ive decided to not bother replacing my winter tyres that were on when i imported the car, im just gonna replace the wheels and tyres sooner!
Old 08-01-2001, 11:46 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No, you don't have to stick with N-spec tires. However, if you'd like to ensure all four tires from the same batch and generation, get the N-spec tires.

For example, a Pirelli N1 is one generation behind N2. This means that Pirelli made some minor changes to the tire after the N1's release.

As to the Fulda's, I can't comment on their performance and/or quality. Personally, I'd stick with tires which have been widely used by Porsche as they are likely to be more performance oriented.

Quick Reply: N Rated Tyres?