Sponsored by:

Wheel Enhancement.Com

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 06:54 PM
jonfkaminsky
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wheel Enhancement.Com

Can anyone comment on this company and their business practices?

Thanks
Jon
Old 07-11-2001, 07:08 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Wheel Enhancement was started a few years ago by John Brown and Robert Wood. While my experiences with them were nothing more than positive, many people found Robert Wood to be somewhat arrogant and disliked his character. John Brown, on the other hand, is a sweet person and one of the most knowledgeable Porsche wheel and tire people.

Now, the good news is that John Brown just bought Robert Wood out a few weeks ago. Give John a call and you won't regret it.
Old 07-11-2001, 07:43 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
Normally I would say avoid these guys like the plague... but since a change of ownership has ocurred they may be OK now. I have spoken to them many times and I always came away with the feeling that they were trying to sell me what they wanted to sell me, not what I really felt I needed. In the end I never did purchase anything from them, mainly because their prices were always too high. Things may be different now. Good luck.
Old 07-13-2001, 01:32 PM
Exotic HorsePower
Advanced

I purchased these wheels from Wheel Enhancment a year ago. They were very knowledgable. My wheels are 17x8 front and 17x10 rear. With 225/40/17 front and 275/40/17 rear.

Old 07-18-2001, 10:12 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I bought some BBS LMs from them at the beginning of the year. They had a pretty good price and the wheels/tires came in when promised. I only wish they had sold me "N" rated Pilot Sports instead of the "regular" ones. I guess the tires had not been "N rated" at that point in time. Overall, a good experience.
Old 07-21-2001, 08:31 PM
aka 951
Pro

Its good to hear that ownership has in fact changed. Previously, I guess I had spoken to the "rude and arrogant" one. Every time I called, he was a complete jerk. Good to know that things have changed - maybe they'll get some of my business now!
Old 07-23-2001, 02:48 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
I bought wheels from them cheaper that where cheaper than Tire Rack. One of them lost a center cap during the first drive and Wheel Enhancement had the mfgr send a new one. No problems.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:57 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess it really doesn't matter at this point, but I had my fuchs refinished by Wheel Enhancement earlier this year, the wheels look great. In deciding which wheel to go with (refinish, new wheels, etc.), I spoke with Robert Wood at least three times. At no time was Robert rude, arrogant or uncivil with me in any way.

In any event, my wheels were refinished and returned on time, and the overall experience was a positive one. I have since recommended Wheel Enhancement on this board and to fellow PCA members.

Richard
'87 Carrera
Old 07-27-2001, 10:38 AM
billyc
Track Day

Question

Has anyone tried the exchange program with wheel enhancement. I am in Tennessee and I am considering swapping for refinished Fuchs (factory for my 89carrera). The anodized finish on mine was ruined.

Any help greatly appreciated/

bc, 89carrera
Old 09-04-2001, 02:52 AM
Gary J. Spinella
Track Day

I would highly rec Weidman's Wheels in N.CA. Harvey is very knowledgeable and fair let alone a real gentleman. In addition, he can reanodize Fuchs. Last, it's often nice to be able to talk to the guy doing the work at that's what you get with Weidmans. They refinished my 16/7&8 Fuchs in G.Prix White with painited centers.

Quick Reply: Wheel Enhancement.Com