Sponsored by:

Michelin PCS vs. Hoosier R0S03

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Michelin PCS vs. Hoosier R0S03

Both are going with me to the Glen this week and I plan to do back to back testing with temps, pressures and lap times. We shall have some resemblence on closure on this debate soon!
Old 06-07-2003, 04:00 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think the Hoosier would have better lap times as we have done some comparisons out west with a group of 993's. Each was set up for the tire they were running. I would add that the camber set up for the two are a bit different so I am not sure how you will get correct performance for each tire with one set up. I'll be interested to see what your results are though.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:24 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems to me alot of guys who ran Hoosiers are initally very unimpressed with Michelin Cups but then they use them for awhile and start to get as fast as the Hoosier and then end up liking the Cups. At least this is what I'm finding. The exception is Bill W.

Me? I've only run Kumhos and Cups so I skipped over the Hoosiers completely. I guess I don't know what I'm missing...
Old 06-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

I ran Hoosiers and my cups are almost gone. Maybe I'll join Bill W. I do have alot of camber in my car, maybe they don't need or like it.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Ok, back from the Glen.... IMO: The MPSC simply cannot compare to the Hoosiers. I was noticably faster on the Hoosiers. All of my ABS problems dissapeared with them. The tires cannot lock anymore so the ABS does not come on. Bottom line, the Michelins simply do not stick like the Hoosiers.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:59 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ed, do you know what temps your Michelin Cups were running? I finally got some good heat into them (~180 degree F) and they were gripping pretty good.

Quick Reply: Michelin PCS vs. Hoosier R0S03