Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Wheel and Tire Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum-74/)
-   -   what's ur opinion about HREs (https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum/68478-whats-ur-opinion-about-hres.html)

LIL RAJA 05-04-2003 11:42 PM

what's ur opinion about HREs

do you guys like these wheels? I want to get them on my C4S when i get my car. I like the 841Rs they are super hot!!

please advise.

my second choice is Fikse FM10
third is bbs lm

kary993 05-05-2003 01:22 AM

Very nice wheels. Very expensive though. I have to say the HRE's I have seen on cars on the street stand out to others I have seen (e.g. Fikse, Kinesis, BBS).

Bill Gregory 05-05-2003 09:08 AM

HRE's are good looking and pricey, as Kary said. Fikse, Kinesis, and BBS all make excellent wheels too.

Vinny '98 3.8 C2S 05-05-2003 10:00 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by kary993:
<strong> I have to say the HRE's I have seen on cars on the street stand out to others I have seen (e.g. Fikse, Kinesis, BBS).</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I agree. I have Fikse Mach V's that I love, but I think the finish and clear coat on HRE's are the best out there.

LIL RAJA 05-05-2003 06:49 PM

I own my own company of car tuning and I do have accounts with all the vendors such as BBS and HREs. So i could get pretty good deal on them.
:-)

but i want the best for my car, I really like HREs but the LMs are so classic as well. just a little torn between them.

i just wanted to see what was the level of interest in the P-club for these cars.

LIL Raja

ESL 05-06-2003 12:13 PM

Raja,
Could you get the rest of us a good deal as well?

adsc4s 05-06-2003 04:22 PM

Personally, I like the HRE 540R. They look great but so do the Kenesis and Fikse.

msindi 05-06-2003 05:29 PM

I think HREs are the best wheels money can buy!!
Lil Raja - PM me if you can hook me up on a good deal for a set of HREs.

ESKPORT 05-06-2003 08:32 PM

Just put a set of 19" 542Rs on my TT. Mine have the brushed centers. IMO, they are the best looking wheel on the market. I also looked at the Techarts, Gemballas and Champion Motorsports. I like the Gemballa Competitions, but I wanted 19s. The Techarts look too much like the factory and the Champion's are too difficult to clean.
<a href="http://www.hobbystage.net/porsche/esk" target="_blank">pictures</a>

msindi 05-06-2003 08:54 PM

ESKPORT - My HREs came with letters saying they should be mounted with the spokes pointing the other way!!

ESKPORT 05-06-2003 11:20 PM

MSINDI - I talked to the people where I bought the wheels and they said it is strictly preference. I like the look of the spokes facing forward.

DJF1 05-07-2003 01:41 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by adscab911:
<strong>Personally, I like the HRE 540R. They look great but so do the Kenesis and Fikse.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I'm lusting as well for a set of 540's... Awesome looking rims along with the FM10's but should be a PITA to keep them clean.

LIL RAJA 05-08-2003 01:29 AM

anyone who needs a good price just email me:
dizzycrazy@yahoo.com
and tell me what you are looking for size/model etc.
I have one of the best prices around.

I plan to get 841Rs for my car and hopefully a second set that would be BBS LM i think.

And yes, of course the stock market isn't helping me much in any way.

Raja

LIL RAJA 05-08-2003 01:38 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by ESKPORT:
<strong>Just put a set of 19" 542Rs on my TT. Mine have the brushed centers. IMO, they are the best looking wheel on the market. I also looked at the Techarts, Gemballas and Champion Motorsports. I like the Gemballa Competitions, but I wanted 19s. The Techarts look too much like the factory and the Champion's are too difficult to clean.
<a href="http://www.hobbystage.net/porsche/esk" target="_blank">pictures</a></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">awesome pix sir.
I like the brushed center finish as well over polished. I too was thinking of Techarts (does not do anything for me), Gemballas (looks too much like 80s wheels), Champion (nice with the dimond cut, but no dish in the rear for the C4S).
I like Champion wheels for the narrow body with their new front bumper and rear bumper. I am sure u all have seen them on Excellence.

best regards,
Raja

jason952 05-11-2003 01:34 PM

I have heard the fikse are superior to kinesis in terms of strenght but anyone know hoe hre's other than looks (which are great)