Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track tires-Rain

Old 09-18-2002, 12:57 PM
John Veninger
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Post Track tires-Rain

I'm looking to get a set of DOT rain tires for DE's and Club racing next year.
I run Hoosiers for dry conditions, but want to get advice on rain tires and the "I just wasted a Hoosier and I need to run the rain tires on a dry track".
Toyo R1, Michelin Cups, Yokohama 032?

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Michelin Cups, one tire for both rain and dry. I am switching to them for next season.

Getting race tires that will last for more than 2 weekends and one race is very attractive. Best part is that they are just as fast.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:57 AM
Mike A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some use hand cut Hoosiers. They are suposed to give the best "stick" because of the soft compound. And because of the soft compound, you have to keep them in the wet or they will quickly wear out.
Michelin Cups, according to some, are not that great in very wet situations. More of an "intermediate" tire.
Alot of people use the Yoko 032Rs as the best compromise. They are not as good as cut Hoosiers but can be driven on dry parts of the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: