BBS E88 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 03:00 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBS E88 questions

Hi guys!

I'm considering a set of 18 inch BBS E88s for my car. I don't have the part numbers of the centers yet but will find that out.

These particular E88s were originally BBS mags where the centers were replaced by the new E88 aluminum centers. They let you use both centrelock and standard 5 lug nuts. The centers are mounted on top of the outer hoops if that makes sense (wheel bolts tightened from the back). I have also seen E88s with the outer hoops mounted on top on the wheels centres (wheel bolts tightened from the front) like all the speedlines and the traditional BBS wheels.

My question is: Does all BBS E88 centers allow mounting of the outer hoop both on top of and behind the wheel centre? Or are there two types of E88 centers, one which allows you to mount the center outside of the outer hoop and one that does the opposite?

I guess also by mounting the outer hoop on top of the centre also reduces the offset of the wheel (as opposed to mounting the centre on top), but does it also increase the rim width? Or is the rim width the same but with reduced offset?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: BBS E88 questions