Sponsored by:

Kumho Victoracers/R888?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:03 PM
sbmackie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kumho Victoracers/R888?

Next question: I drive my car 4000 miles a year, to and from events, the events, and some date night and fun drives the rest of the year. No temperature issues when I drive. 8-10 Autocross's and maybe 5 track days a year

Anybody keep the above tires on their car all year, and had any experience getting that much use out of them?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not drive on either year round, but, if I had to, I'd pick the Kumhos. For R-comps, they work quite well on the road (don't know about through the winter though). The R888s are quite noisy on the road, and seem to provide a slightly firmer ride as well.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Dave DE
Racer

I have no info on the kumhos, but can confirm that the 888's are noisy.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my '86 last October and it has Victoracers on it. Drove all year here in Vegas, just on the road and not on the track at all. Took a while for tires to warm up and get rid of the flat spots in the a.m. Also grip before warming up is not that great at all. I like the grip they provide in the summer and when they warm up. I guess it depends on how cold it gets where you are at, but I am putting all seasons on it that I have already bought...just waiting until the Victoracers are completely worn out. Car was kept under carport last winter, and not in garage as it is now.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and I got about 8000 miles out of them since I've had the car. I don't know how many miles they had on them before I got it, but it WAS a track car exclusively prior to my ownership. Hope this helps some.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
racer
Drifting

I ntend to put on "R" comps in April and take them off late october up here in the northeast/midatlantic. If the weather was warmer, I'd keep them on year round. Street use hardly uses them up (unless you have severe camber/toe settings). I found the RA-1 and Victoracers to wear about the same despite claims that the RA-1s are a much more durable tire. Perhaps I just ask too much of my tires. Keep em on, you should be fine.

Quick Reply: Kumho Victoracers/R888?