Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is TPMS in tire beeping?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:02 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Why is TPMS in tire beeping?

My source for track wheels and tires received proper TPMS sensors for my car from Porsche and installed them correctly. As they were awaiting pick-up by UPS to ship to me, one of them started beeping and continues to beep. My thought is there's a battery inside and it's low? I didn't realize there was the ability for TPMS inside the tire to beep - I thought it measured pressure and communicated that to the car and the car beeped.

Anyone have a theory on this? My guy of course is checking with Porsche in the morning, but I thought this would be an informative thread for the next guy that searches "TPMS Beeping" here at the forum

Ron

Edit to add photos of typical 2006 made TPMS. I don't see a method to change a battery...
Attached Images   

Last edited by RonCT; 03-08-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
rfedele
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
My source for track wheels and tires received proper TPMS sensors for my car from Porsche and installed them correctly. As they were awaiting pick-up by UPS to ship to me, one of them started beeping and continues to beep. My thought is there's a battery inside and it's low? I didn't realize there was the ability for TPMS inside the tire to beep - I thought it measured pressure and communicated that to the car and the car beeped.

Anyone have a theory on this? My guy of course is checking with Porsche in the morning, but I thought this would be an informative thread for the next guy that searches "TPMS Beeping" here at the forum

Ron
I think they are powered by litjium ion batteries that should last 7-8 years. Didn't know they beeped though.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rfedele
I think they are powered by litjium ion batteries that should last 7-8 years. Didn't know they beeped though.
It's a sealed battery. Here' the manufacturer's web site - lots of info.

http://www.beru.com/english/produkte/tss.php
Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Perfect! Thanks so much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why is TPMS in tire beeping?