Sponsored by:

Wheel Dynamics look alike '02 Carerra 5 spokes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:05 PM
auto-xr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Dynamics look alike '02 Carerra 5 spokes

In case anyone of you are interested in how much the look alike rims weigh, here's what I found from Wheel Dynamics.

The front wheels are 23lbs and rear wheels are 26lbs (Boxster fitment).

Not too bad.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
FilthyF14
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Wheel Dynamics selling these wheels for about $250/each; much cheaper than the $700 I've found for OEM wheels. Any infomation on the quality of the company or the product?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought wheels from Wheel Dynamics, and visited their office in LA - nice guys, love their Porsches, know their wheels.

Had a good look at the replicas while I was there - looked very good - quite a selection.

They carry original Porsche wheels, OEM wheels direct from the manufacturer without the Porsche part numbers, and replica wheels.

They pointed out while I was there that the same style of Porsche wheel can be made by a number of manufacturers, so a Porsche wheel is not some amazing product that comes from a single factory in Germany.

In fact, you have companies like Ronal, BBS etc manufacturing the same wheel for Porsche, and hence there is some variation in quality even in Porsche wheels.

You'll have people here on the forum that will be horrified if you look at some 3rd party wheel.

They'll suggest that they may be heavy, or weak, or both!

Based on my observation and experience, I'd be happy to go with Wheel Dynamics, and save yourself some $$$

Quick Reply: Wheel Dynamics look alike '02 Carerra 5 spokes