Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track/Street tires for 3RS - new options for 2023?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 12:13 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Track/Street tires for 3RS - new options for 2023?

All,
For background, i do maybe one track day per month on average and weekend around town/highway driving. I have a long background with racing but don't own a race car currently and rent seats in WRL. I bought my 3RS last year and have been running the standard Cups2s for awhile now on my stock 20/21 wheels. I bought a 19" wheel setup from Apex last year and mounted the new Conti tire but the 19" wheel looked odd on the car and had the wrong rear offset for the RS, was a GT3 rear. That was my fault but going forward I'll only run a 20" all around or 20/21 on the stock wheels.

I know there aren't many options available in the 200TW category over 19", I think we have just the Cup2s at 180tw, the Dunlop, Cup2R and Trofeo R are a much lower tw and higher cost. Does anyone know of a 180-200TW tire coming in 2023? I've heard the Nankang CR-S is coming in RS sizes later this year.

Are there any other options for me to try? It's not a competition car so running a 80 or 120TW is just a waste of money in my opinion. I could keep running the Cup2s but i'm hoping the Yoko 052 something similar is coming in more sizes.
Old 02-08-2023, 05:23 PM
Jordan Kolins
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
All,
For background, i do maybe one track day per month on average and weekend around town/highway driving. I have a long background with racing but don't own a race car currently and rent seats in WRL. I bought my 3RS last year and have been running the standard Cups2s for awhile now on my stock 20/21 wheels. I bought a 19" wheel setup from Apex last year and mounted the new Conti tire but the 19" wheel looked odd on the car and had the wrong rear offset for the RS, was a GT3 rear. That was my fault but going forward I'll only run a 20" all around or 20/21 on the stock wheels.

I know there aren't many options available in the 200TW category over 19", I think we have just the Cup2s at 180tw, the Dunlop, Cup2R and Trofeo R are a much lower tw and higher cost. Does anyone know of a 180-200TW tire coming in 2023? I've heard the Nankang CR-S is coming in RS sizes later this year.

Are there any other options for me to try? It's not a competition car so running a 80 or 120TW is just a waste of money in my opinion. I could keep running the Cup2s but i'm hoping the Yoko 052 something similar is coming in more sizes.
I think the 19's are decent in look width and height ! I wouldn't go more than that
Old 02-10-2023, 01:45 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 165 Posts

19's look odd in the rear when your eye is used to seeing a 21.

Quick Reply: Track/Street tires for 3RS - new options for 2023?