Sponsored by:

Looking to go wider, please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Gregcoleman81
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking to go wider, please help

So I currently have a NB 996, looking to buy some Used HRE that are 19x11 in the rear 60 offset. My current wheels are 19x10 running a Continental ExtremeContact DW in 275/30-19. Will these fit? Does anyone have any experience with these tires? I DON'T want to go Hellaflush. Please Advise.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Netrunnerz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that 275s will not be wide enough for that rim size. I currently have HRE 18" x 11" with 275/30R18s and the rim is larger than the tire. Even have a bit of curb rash since the tire was not wide enough to protect the rim (blaming the wife). I am currently looking at my options to go slightly larger. I took a picture last night of the rim/tire to show you... hard to see as it is stored in my garage.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:27 AM
Gregcoleman81
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Netrunnerz
I think that 275s will not be wide enough for that rim size. I currently have HRE 18" x 11" with 275/30R18s and the rim is larger than the tire. Even have a bit of curb rash since the tire was not wide enough to protect the rim (blaming the wife). I am currently looking at my options to go slightly larger. I took a picture last night of the rim/tire to show you... hard to see as it is stored in my garage.

thank you for the response, I guess I’ll have to try to find another ten inch rim or proce in a set of new tires with the wheels. That quickly adds quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Looking to go wider, please help