Hubcentric rings for different center bores

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Hubcentric rings for different center bores

Hey Folks,

Question regarding wheels compatibility for a BMW application ....X5 (5.0) to X5M

BMW X5 (5.0): Has the wheels i'm interested in (Rear) 74.1 center bore

BMW X5M: (Rear) Center bore is 72.5

There are hubcentric adapters as well as hubcentric rings to do the conversion from 74.1 > 72.6 (.1 mm bigger...72.5 vs 72.6)... Would that be significant enough to feel the effect in street driving? Are these adapters regardless of being hubcentric, pose vibration issues?

Personally int he past, I have always bought appropriate offset wheels to avoid the spacers/adapters but these wheels seems too good to pass, hence my inquiry into the adapters?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 AM
h2outlaw
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some H&R Hub centric adapters on my old M3 and had no problems. I even abused and tracked that car without any problems. Given their history with BMW product, they may have an application for you.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:52 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

0.1 mm is not something you are going to feel or notice. Honestly, with the clamp load being through the lug interface you aren't likely to notice a lack of hub centric rings if you skipped them altogether. Matching the bore just makes it easier to get the center of the holes in the wheel aligned with the center of the stud or bolt holes in the hub. Once you torque the lug nut / bolt there isn't much loading going through the center. Everything is from the bolts outward.

Quick Reply: Hubcentric rings for different center bores