Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Turbo wheels factory optioned on 987 Cayman S: Same wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 06:37 PM
Espo78
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 Turbo wheels factory optioned on 987 Cayman S: Same wheels?

My 987 Cayman was optioned from the factory with the 19" turbo wheels, and a 5mm spacer from the factory. My car does indeed have 19" turbo wheels on it, painted black but I am pretty sure they are replicas. I have been told that OEM Porsche wheels will have the offset stamped near the valve stem, which I have seen on other Porsche wheels from a 996. However I have also seen some ads for supposed OEM take off wheels from a 997 like I have and there does not appear to be the offset stamping near the valve stem.

The other question I have relates to the wheels themselves. The Cayman and 911 require different offsets in the rear so is there a separate Cayman-specific turbo wheel? The wheels on my car require a rather large spacer in the rear and it's still not as flush as I would hope an OEM wheel would fit. I haven't taken it off yet to see about offsets but the large spacer leads me to think they are replicas.

I basically am trying to find out if the wheels I have are replicas and also whether or not Porsche uses 2 different offsets for Cayman vs 911 in the rear. Anyone have some expertise here? Eventually I'll pop off the wheels and have a look I just haven't had the time.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo wheels factory optioned on 987 Cayman S: Same wheels?