Sponsored by:

GT2RS Track Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT2RS Track Wheels?

Im fortunate enough to get a 2rs and I'm looking for the best track wheel and tire setup for spring. I come from a gt3 991.1 that I tracked on 19" Hoosiers with supporting suspension mods.

Im curious if 19" or 20" is the answer with this car? I've seen a few gt3rs 991.1 cars on 19" with 295/345 Hoosiers. Didn't know if the fender well size is the same on both the 2&3rs cars? Or what specs those wheel need to fit on my car 10x19/20 & 12.5/13x19/20?

I want a tire that has Hoosier level grip, but didn't know if there are better options out there?

Wheels I want something fresh and track rated. I had a couple sets of 19" Forgeline VXR for my gt3, never any issues, but open to new ideas.

Help me please figure something out new and unique.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Congratulations on the amazing car. Glad to hear one is heading to the track.

I can't say about size - I would look to the GT3RS guys and see what they recommend. I don't know if there is any concern of the increased centrifugal force on the rear axle from all the torque, and if tire/wheel size needs to be changed accordingly.

It's generally accepted that the best wheels are die-forged ones from the motorsports departments of BBS or Rays Engineering. That said, there are plenty of companies that make wheels used in motorsports. OZ, Speedline, CCW, Forgeline, Fikse, etc. Maybe HRE, but I don't know if HRE still makes wheels that are track-tested? CCW, Fikse, I don't know if they make CLs. Fikse has also changed parent companies several times, there was a window during one parent where their wheels weren't as good. I don't know how they are now.

There are also motorsport divisions of ATS, OZ, Speedline, APP, Washi-Beam, and others. Most aren't advertised online.

I personally would avoid magnesium wheels like those offered on the Weissach. They do reduce inertia, unsprung weight, etc., but are generally more brittle than a comparable AL alloy forging. Mg technology has improved since the days of infamous exploding wheels, but at the pro-motorsport level Mg wheels are typically still tossed after a season unless they are crack-tested.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 03-09-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Bulldogmike
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

My understanding is its the same as the GT3RS. you can use a 19" Forgeline GS1R centerlock in 10x19 and 12.5x19. running 295 front and 345 rear (hoosier R7) . you WILL need to update the suspension with Tarett parts. Custer pucks, longer endlinks. needed as you will run an aggressive camber and need to avoid rake that will cause the tire to rub you inner fenders (front). I have a 2RS on route... so I plan to do the same thing as I have on my 3RS
Old 12-28-2019, 12:50 AM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 162 Posts

Any updates? What about the Clubsport 18" setup? The pccb are likely too large...

Looking for track options too but wanna keep the suspension stock.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Track Wheels?