Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'18 Macan GTS-Same Size Wheels Front and Rear?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:27 PM
ghbmd
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '18 Macan GTS-Same Size Wheels Front and Rear?

I am looking to purchase winter wheels for my '18 Macan GTS. TireRack has limited options when you search "Winter/Snow Tire and Wheel" packages. But when it comes to just "wheels" that fit the Macan there are alot more options. I called TireRack for a better understanding and they told me that any of the wheels that fit could be used front and rear, but the ones listed in their "Winter/Snow Tire and Wheel" packages are wheels that are available in staggered sizes (i.e. 19s that are 19x8 Front and 19x9 Rear or 20s that are 20x9 Front and 20x10 Rear). However, they said I could order 4 identical 19" wheels (19x8.5) and put staggered 19" winter tires on them (Front 235/55/19, Rear 255/50/19) or order 4 identical 20" wheels (20x10) and put staggered 20" winter tires on them (Front 265/45/20, Rear 295/40/20). They were sure that the same size wheel could handle two different tire sizes, therefore keeping the overall look of staggered tires.

Has anyone else done something like this?
Any reason why I should not consider doing this?
I am in the Northeast and leaning towards 19s for winter as I would expect better performance. But I prefer the look of the 20s. I am not worried about the wheels and the 20s as these will be dedicated winter wheels. Anyone with experience running 20" winter wheels in truly bad, cold, wet, winter weather? I plan to purchase Nokian Hakka R3s which are available in sizes for the 19" and the 20" wheels.

Quick Reply: '18 Macan GTS-Same Size Wheels Front and Rear?