Sponsored by:

Need advice--17" Tires for 930

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:41 AM
kraeburn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice--17" Tires for 930

Came into possession of a 1986 930 a couple months ago--long story short the car has been hot rodded a bit and has aftermarket Fikse wheels on it in what appears to me to be an aggressive offset fitment. Everything functions great, the handling is good and there are no driveability concerns with regards to rubbing.

The issue is that the car is currently fitted with Hoosier slicks. I don't really mind them all that much in dry weather of course but I hate that they limit my enjoyment of the car. I have to be vigilant about weather every time I use the car and weekend road trips are out of the question since I can't risk running into any rain. I'd like to replace them with something sticky but with passable rain performance however the tire size is quite strange and I am not sure where to look for replacements. The tires sizes currently fitted are:
295/35/17
245/40/17

So far all I have found are Hoosiers in this fitment. If I fudge the sizes a bit in the calculator, I really don't see anything else in similar sizes either. It appears that nobody is making performance tires in 17" sizes anymore aside from a select few narrow sizes. Any recommendations?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:52 AM
kraeburn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will add that I did find the Kumho Ecsta XS in sizes that work but that doesn't really gain me much in the usability department.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:18 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

All I have is Hoosier in that sizing. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Need advice--17" Tires for 930