Sponsored by:

Winter Tire Low Speed Question 958.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 12:07 AM
GoneTurbo958
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Winter Tire Low Speed Question 958.2

In November I had new pair of Pirelli Scorpion Winter 21" tires installed on my 2017 Cayenne Turbo. Within the past month I have been experiencing an issue with my tires which I can only describe as jumping or skipping at low speeds (0-25). It almost feels like I am driving on a bumpy road until I reach speeds about 30 miles an hour (I should also mention that if I start out really slow the issue is less prevalent - the harder I accelerate from a stop the worse the problem). The issue really stands out when I am driving on dry roads. Right now my guess it that my tire pressure is set to low but I could use any advice anyone has to offer.

I have made no changes to TPMS since the tires were installed.

TPMS - Set at full load
FRONT - 33
BACK - 39
Old 01-31-2018, 11:36 AM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A pair? Not 4? You NEVER do snow tires by just pairs, especially on an AWD car. If you have another pair that you are matching to, are they the same brand and speed rating? Is the tread depth the same on all corners? If not, you are likely having AWD issues associated with mixing tires.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:46 PM
GoneTurbo958
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

I should have been more clear, when I said pair, I meant a set of 4 winter tires.

I did take my Cayenne in for service to diagnose the issue. Apparently, the Power Transfer Case was bad and needed to be replaced after only 8,000 miles. So the 2017 models are not immune to Power Transfer case issues too.

Quick Reply: Winter Tire Low Speed Question 958.2