Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli v. Michellin for a 991 4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 10:37 PM
nfeduska
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color Blue is your 911.1 and I can give you my $0.2 on what color to powder coat

I have a 2013 991 C4S PDK with all the goodies and it has staggered wheels and wheel spacers. I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S N0 (Porsche spec) and absolutely love them over the Pirelli PZeros that were on the car before. The rears are 305 35 ZR 20's and the fronts are 245 35 ZR 20's N0 (Porsche spec). If you live near a Costco they can special order them for you at a great price and will credit you money back on your next set if the tread life doesn't meet manufacturers warranty. I would stay away from Pirellis unless you have a pair sitting around that are collecting dust.
Old 11-15-2022, 05:02 AM
driven991.1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nfeduska
I have a 2013 991 C4S PDK with all the goodies and it has staggered wheels and wheel spacers. I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S N0 (Porsche spec) and absolutely love them over the Pirelli PZeros that were on the car before. The rears are 305 35 ZR 20's and the fronts are 245 35 ZR 20's N0 (Porsche spec). If you live near a Costco they can special order them for you at a great price and will credit you money back on your next set if the tread life doesn't meet manufacturers warranty. I would stay away from Pirellis unless you have a pair sitting around that are collecting dust.
Mine are actually collecting dust. I found 4 new tires between walmart and tire rack for a grand total of $1045 while the rate today is likely close to 2K with taxes. i am just wondering does the N rating really matter more than 10%.

in my experience in West Coast near an ocean always.garaged in 50-75 degree temps I have had dry rot on multiple cars and tire brands. I just want to burn the old and then also the newer tires in under 3 years before the rot.

Quick Reply: Pirelli v. Michellin for a 991 4S