Sponsored by:

Victor equipment

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:05 PM
walkabout
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victor equipment

Anyone have experience with Victor equipment wheels on the track.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:07 PM
walkabout
Intermediate

Sorry for the double post, operator error. After posting I found several post about Victor Equipment wheels breaking under track use. So question answered... I will look for a different brand for track use.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I personally WOULD NOT use Victor wheels especially at the track. Search I believe the 997 or 996 and GT3 forums...there was a post years ago about failure at the track. Plus they are cheap heavy cast wheels...

If you're on a budget for track wheels and it look like from your form photo you have center lock wheels...go to TireRack.com and check out the OZ HLT center locks..they are in the mid $500 a wheel range. Also see what HRE has in the Flow Form series. Other than that you have to bump up to forged wheels at around $1500-$1700 a wheel from HRE and/or Forgeline.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:29 PM
walkabout
Intermediate

mdrums, Thanks for your post. I did find the posts of the wheels breaking under track usage and decided that they were not the right wheels for me. I had a chance to buy some used ones and a very good price but have decided not to and look for others.

I am looking for 18" track wheels for my Cayman S. I am happy with the wheels on my Turbo so no need to replace them.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:40 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Ah ok ...Cayman...very cool...awesome on the track.

I still suggest you look at the OZ HLT line of wheels at Tire Rack. I and many have used them for years as track wheels and they work great for a cast aluminum wheel that is light weight for what it is.

Also check out CCW Wheels out of Daytona Beach FL. If you want to spend just a little more money and get forged wheels those are among the best at great prices and very proven in the racing community.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:23 AM
umeedsaini
6th Gear

Hi! I don not have experience but I check reviews for the same. It shows 4.7 ratings out of 5!

Quick Reply: Victor equipment