Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 track tire pressures

Old 07-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Bob T
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 991.2 track tire pressures

Does anyone have some tried and proven ultimate hot race track tire pressure settings for 991.2 running 20" Pirelli P Zeros? I have been running my 2017 cab on Area 27 and have experienced pressure increase up to 15 psi, to over 50, which surprises me.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:57 PM
mdrums
Super User

Depends on the track, driver and alignment settings.

Rule of thumb is with a advanced driver a tire will heat up around 8-10 psi. Seems most tires run best hot from around 30-34 front and 32-36 rear...again depends on the tire, driver, track and alignment settings.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:39 PM
Bob T
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that mdrums. To clarify please: do you mean the pressures you quoted are the STARTING pressures when cold, or the ultimate pressures after they have risen 8-10 psi?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 PM
mdrums
Super User

Ultimate hot pressure. Starting pressure will depend on outside air temperature and hot fast hard you drive and heat tires up.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM
jnolan
User

Same question. The door sticker calls out 37/44psi for the P-Zeros, max inflation is 50psi. Assuming advanced driver on a day with moderate ambient temperature (say 75 degrees), factory alignment, and on a short track (Laguna), what pressure would you start from? I don’t have a pyrometer and on my next track day the thing I want to focus on is tire pressure.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Mr. Turtles
User

Originally Posted by jnolan View Post
Same question. The door sticker calls out 37/44psi for the P-Zeros, max inflation is 50psi. Assuming advanced driver on a day with moderate ambient temperature (say 75 degrees), factory alignment, and on a short track (Laguna), what pressure would you start from? I donĺt have a pyrometer and on my next track day the thing I want to focus on is tire pressure.
Start with around 28psi/...you can't go to low otherwise they could damage. If you go lower on first session you'll need to do a few slower laps until they are warm. The first session you can live with the high tire pressures that will most likely result (close to 40psi) or just stop after 5 or so laps and adjust. Either way adjust them right after your first session when still hot to around 32-34 PSI and you should be good the next few sessions. Always check and correct PSI after each session though. I always start my MPSC2's at 26PSI but I had TPMS on to let me know when they were warm.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM
jnolan
User

Thanks! That helps. I’m at Laguna on Sunday and will start with 26psi and go up from there.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:32 PM
jnolan
User

@Turtles, I followed you advice with good results. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:51 AM
Mr. Turtles
User

Glad it helped, keep adjusting to what works best for you. Everyone drives a little different, has a different set up, car, etc, so what works best for you might be a slightly different.

Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 track tire pressures

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: