Notices

So-cal: looking for a body shop to paint my GTS Cayman bumper and install

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Smithcreativelab
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So-cal: looking for a body shop to paint my GTS Cayman bumper and install

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has an inside tip on a body shop that does great work around the Southern California area. When I call shops asking for a quote I am being given outrageous prices for paint and install of a front bumper, $750, $1000 etc.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Old 07-13-2016, 01:43 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

for a good job, you will have to spend $700- $1000. You can get nice work done, though it will be a minimum if $500. Spend the little extra money and get it done right
Old 07-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Amatos, west coast specialties, Phil therals, Chapparone auto body. All of those body shops do great work. I work with most of high end body shops in SD area and wouldn't trust any of them except for them.

As for price I agree with doublecabmel, spend a little extra and get it done right!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

socal is big. Lots of good shops. But if you are in Orange County, East Autobody has Porsches from all over the country sent to them. They are in Orange. Shane East is the owner, 2nd generation. He just did my 964 ducktail. quality work done by the people that you talk to, not low budget laborers that you never see.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:05 PM
991TR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smithcreativelab
Hi guys, wondering if anyone has an inside tip on a body shop that does great work around the Southern California area. When I call shops asking for a quote I am being given outrageous prices for paint and install of a front bumper, $750, $1000 etc.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Those aren't outrageous prices. Keep in mind that a shop has to:

- Remove existing bumper
- Prep new bumper
- Test fit new bumper
- Paint/color match new bumper
- Re-fit new bumper

This might sound "easy", but it still might take 1-2 people to do the work, plus cost of material.

With that said, I agree with the comments here--pay the right price for the right work so that you don't devalue your car.

I've used Seven Apples in Torrance for my paint work in the past.

Quick Reply: So-cal: looking for a body shop to paint my GTS Cayman bumper and install