Notices

New to SF Bay Area - Carlsen or Rector Porsche for service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 05:25 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by logan2z
I'm not seeing much love for Steven's Creek in this thread. I'm in the South Bay so Sonnen isn't happening. I took my car to Rector once but wasn't wild about them and the drive there and back took me two hours in traffic. Maybe I should give Fremont a try.
Fremont is good. Ask for Gary. Sonnen is the best, however, Also ask for Gary there.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:22 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Fremont is good. Ask for Gary. Sonnen is the best, however, Also ask for Gary there.
I'd love to try Sonnen but Mill Valley is a LONG way from Los Gatos, especially given Bay Area traffic. Fremont might be doable . I wish more people were recommending Steven's Creek in this thread as that's the closest to me.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:25 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

I'd love to try Sonnen but Mill Valley is a LONG way from Los Gatos, especially given Bay Area traffic. Fremont might be doable . I wish more people were recommending Steven's Creek in this thread as that's the closest to me.
I don't see anyone not recommending Stevens Creek. Maybe no one here with experience there, good or bad. Give them a try. Probably, can't hurt too much.

Last edited by ltcjmramos; 06-25-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:40 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
I don't see anyone not recommending Stevens Creek. Maybe no one here with experience there, good or bad. Give them a try. Probably, can't hurt too .
I'll probably try them and report back.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:22 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

I'll probably try them and report back.
From what I hear and have experienced ymmv, SC has one of the worst reputations. I went there to take a look at a 911 and wasn't pleased with the customer service in the sales Dept. No personal experience w service Dept.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:43 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
From what I hear and have experienced ymmv, SC has one of the worst reputations. I went there to take a look at a 911 and wasn't pleased with the customer service in the sales Dept. No personal experience w service Dept.
There are definitely some crappy sales guys there. My wife made an appointment with a sales advisor to test drive a Macan and when she got there he told her he was busy and he'd call her when he was available. So why make an appointment? She told him not to bother and she left and bought an Audi across the street instead .

I got lucky with a sales guy there and had a completely different experience, however. If anyone wants his name shoot me a PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Booker42
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has mentioned Carlsen so I thought I'd chime in. Beto and Greg are great guys and I haven't had any problems with Carlsen over the past 3 years.

Brett
Old 08-06-2016, 01:10 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have experience with Livermore or Walnut Creek?
Old 08-20-2016, 07:45 AM
BradWelch
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 911 from Livermore, they were really great but their service center is only open weekdays and it's a long drive.

I live in the city and work on the peninsula, so I am going to try Carlsen when I hit my first service. One of the guys at work has a few P-cars and recommended them, and they seemed friendly enough when I was buying and visited their lot.

Will report back after I go through my first service.

Quick Reply: New to SF Bay Area - Carlsen or Rector Porsche for service?