Notices

Detailer recommendation in SF Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:55 AM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Detailer recommendation in SF Bay Area?

Apparently my GT4 can't make it up the ramp at my favorite Bay Area detailing shop (California Detailing).

Does anyone have a recommendation for Bay Area shops, preferably East Bay? For context, my car doesn't have a wrap, hasn't been washed since I got it in December, I paid about $500 for an initial treatment at California Detailing (for another car), then about $80/month for basic washing after that. I'm looking for something in that ballpark.

Any suggestions? I did do a search but "detailing" is a very common term.

Thanks.

P.S. I did post this over in the GT4 forum but most of the replies were about high-end paint correction / detailing shops.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Benihana242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do this casually/semi professionally, but I'm up in Scotts Valley.

What's the condition of your paint? It sounds like it might need a clay bar, and some sealant, but shouldn't require much else. Maybe a light correction as it probably has some dealer installed swirls/love marks.

I can check around for someone in the East Bay, but if you want to do a one time thing, and want to spend the day in Santa Cruz, I would be happy to give it a wash.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:37 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks! The paint is in good condition so I don't think anything too major is needed. Santa Cruz is probably a bit out of the way (and when I am there, it's usually in the family wagon with kids and surf boards!) so an East Bay suggestion would be great.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:54 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

Auto Concierge in Fremont is considered one of the best in the industry. Not sure about their current pricing or if they are currently taking on new clients but worth checking out.
http://www.justwaxed.net/
Old 04-19-2016, 02:45 AM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Auto Concierge in Fremont is considered one of the best in the industry. Not sure about their current pricing or if they are currently taking on new clients but worth checking out.
http://www.justwaxed.net/
I recommended them in the OP's other thread but it sounds like he's not looking for the full monte, which is what you get at Auto Concierge. I'll reiterate that they do fantastic work and the results are astounding.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:29 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Some friends mentioned Carbonite detailing in San Carlos, just opened house last weekend or so...no personal experience but the pix of their work look like a good up and coming detailer

Perhaps if that's closeby you can drop by and speak to them about your needs?

(No affiliation- just passing on the info that I learned about)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:18 AM
krobertson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Even if the OP doesn't want the full monty, still recommend Auto Concierge. Robert is a great guy and will start off asking what level you're looking for.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:21 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Diamond Car Care Systems works out of Auto Vino in RWC but they're mobile as well if you have someplace they can work. Very good work but not cheap.

Immaculate Reflections in Brentwood is also great I hear, but also not cheap.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Leuz
Rennlist Member

Sub'd
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 PM
Benihana242
Instructor

I'm mobile now and can do this for anyone who's interested. I live in Scotts Valley, but wouldn't mind traveling a bit around the bay area.

All I need is a hose and a place that isn't in the sun. A garage is preferred for paint correction work.

Please contact me for details on what I do/use or any questions. I do this kind of as a professional hobby, so I typically limit myself to 2-3 cars per month. A proper correction (depending on paint condition and how "perfect" you want it) usually takes me 12+ hours. But I like to do a walk around the car and discuss things with the owner before committing to any kind of time frame.

Anyway, here's a picture of a paint correction I did on my E30 BMW. Hopefully this gives an idea of the results when the car is 25+ years old and pretty swirled up.

Name:  enPkIxG.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  874.6 KB
Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Leuz
Rennlist Member

All I can see focus on in your post, is the Eleiko 25kg plate sorry for the off-topic

Originally Posted by Benihana242
I'm mobile now and can do this for anyone who's interested. I live in Scotts Valley, but wouldn't mind traveling a bit around the bay area.

All I need is a hose and a place that isn't in the sun. A garage is preferred for paint correction work.

Please contact me for details on what I do/use or any questions. I do this kind of as a professional hobby, so I typically limit myself to 2-3 cars per month. A proper correction (depending on paint condition and how "perfect" you want it) usually takes me 12+ hours. But I like to do a walk around the car and discuss things with the owner before committing to any kind of time frame.

Anyway, here's a picture of a paint correction I did on my E30 BMW. Hopefully this gives an idea of the results when the car is 25+ years old and pretty swirled up.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:27 AM
Benihana242
Instructor

No problem at all. That's my other hobby!

https://imgur.com/a/dt8mj
Old 06-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Benihana242
Instructor

Some more pictures of my work.

Name:  pbhFZ9G.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  935.8 KB
Old 06-27-2016, 02:22 AM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 592 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Benihana242
I do this casually/semi professionally, but I'm up in Scotts Valley.

What's the condition of your paint? It sounds like it might need a clay bar, and some sealant, but shouldn't require much else. Maybe a light correction as it probably has some dealer installed swirls/love marks.

I can check around for someone in the East Bay, but if you want to do a one time thing, and want to spend the day in Santa Cruz, I would be happy to give it a wash.
Anyone have any recommendations for the east bay?
Old 06-27-2016, 02:34 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Anyone have any recommendations for the east bay?
Check out Carbonite Detailing, Ian there has been mentioned quite a bit on Nocal Porsche. I don't have personal experience though..

Quick Reply: Detailer recommendation in SF Bay Area?