Notices

Southern Calif Cigar & Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:25 PM
TitanL9
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Southern Calif Cigar & Car

I would enjoy meeting others for a car, cigar and dine in So CA. Has anybody been organizing such or know of the next get together?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:48 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come to Toronto for our meet on Sunday. If you leave now, you'll get here on time.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:54 AM
JakeMate
Racer

I wouldn't mind. I'm a cigar smoker. La Unica Torpedo No.1. I can taste it now....mmmmmm.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know you, Jake, and I wouldn't mind meeting a few other 'listers.
I am down for any weekday after 7:00PM
Favorites: Cohiba Robusto and Romeo Y Juliet Churchill Tubos (both smuggled in form Cuba) I have quite a few and don't mind sharing.
Only thing is, I'm leaving the country on the 11th and won't be back till the 28th.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:49 PM
ZeeZee
Instructor

There's a great cigar place called The Big Easy in Studio City - the owner there has a 911 (a bit tricked out). Maybe that's a place to meet up...
Old 09-06-2003, 08:06 PM
paneraiwatches
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm In

I'm in, actually the big easy is 5 mins from my house.. Let me know
Old 09-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Akira
Intermediate

Somewhere in OC would be convenient for us San Diego listers.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:27 AM
TitanL9
Pro

I can get to Orange Cty or San Diego Cty...
Old 09-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

It depends on how big of a group we have, but there are a few places that come to mind:

1. Fullerton, The Continental Room - this place is in the register of historic places as Orange County's oldest drinking establishment. It still has decorative elements from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. Perhaps the coolest part is that the lighting is very dim and red - it adds alot of mood. There is also a private "cigar lounge" that is not open to the public. It is a very small room with a hidden door and inside is a round booth designed to fit around 6-8 people. There is also a satelite TV in the room. Usually you have to know the owner to get in to the cigar room, but I figure that they can't turn down the opportunity to have a row of Porsches in front of the place.

2. Fullerton, Red Cloud Tobacco - this is possibly the best tobacco store in north county, although that probably doesn't mean much. Other than the nice 500 square foot walk-in humidor, there is a "member's only" back room that is a good 1,500 - 2,000 square feet. Inside that area, there is a bar, card tables, leather sofas, pool table, big screen, lots of HOT women, etc...While this is a members only lounge, I've heard that the owners are very nice people, and I'm willing to give them a buzz and perhaps the group can pitch in and pay a small fee.

3. Newport Beach, Lido Cigar Room - although I've not been here yet, I hear it is one of the best stores in OC and they have a lounge area that is open to the public. The best part is that it's BYOB!! That's right, they don't sell alcohol, but you are welcome to bring your own. The drawback is that it is not in a very charming location (next to a Pavillions supermarket).

Alternatively, if anyone wants to let us Rennlisters partake in their Grand Havana Room membership and be your guests, I'm sure that would be the best place!!!!

In any case, I'm willing to do all the footwork for an OC Cigars'N'Cars meet -just show me the interest in it, and I'll start working.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
BSG03Cab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Southern OC or SD would be best. Most SD and LA listers can get there in under 45 minutes.

BSG03Cab
Carlsbad
Old 09-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default So? When are we doing it?

and where?
Old 09-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

How about a saturday some time in October (not the 18th - that is the USC/Notre Dame game). That gives us some time to recruit a big enough group, and I can scope out the best place that is convenient to all of our SD friends as well as our LA people.

Or, if enough people respond to this soon, we can shoot for last 2 weeks of Sept.

For all of the SD people who keep saying only South OC is acceptable - there are not too many cigar joints in south county - Newport or Irvine is about as far south as the good places get. Would either of these be acceptable? What about 15 min further north in Fullerton?

Looking at things from the other side, would Newport or Irvine be ok for the LA folks?

I'm gettin excited - I have a fresh box of Cohiba Robustos that I brought back from Grand Cayman!

Old 09-08-2003, 07:46 PM
JakeMate
Racer

I'm in if the date works. Anywhere in OC is cool with me.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:48 PM
BSG03Cab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Newport or Irvine should be fine for anyone coming from SD. Count me in!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:05 PM
TitanL9
Pro

No problem with Newport/Irvine either

Quick Reply: Southern Calif Cigar & Car