Notices

Barrier Porsche of Bellevue, WA - service review (60k maintenance + recall)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts
Default Barrier Porsche of Bellevue, WA - service review (60k maintenance + recall)

Hey guys,

I just picked up my car (2010 GT3 RS) from Barrier Porsche after a 60k service where I also had them perform the latest Porsche recall and program a new key for me. As I'm generally wary of any dealership, I was a bit leery going in...but knew I'd need to use a Porsche dealer since the recall was in play and I wanted another key programmed. So, I decided to make the best of it.

I was given high pricing initially when I called and asked for a 60k service, meaning higher than I expected, and thus I went and researched what the car needed and what my car had done at the 48k service. Once I realized the car didn't need spark plugs until 72k miles, I had them deduct that from the price and the resulting price was much more palatable. However, it goes to show you that you have to educate yourself a bit before you just accept what the dealership thinks you need by default. They arranged for a free service loaner and all that stuff, so I figured it was a nice arrangement.

I dropped my car off after taking it to a car show this past Saturday and was greeted by very friendly service technicians. They were kind, knowledgeable about my car, and even let me drive it into the service bay myself...very unexpected. There were other GT3 and RS models there, which made me feel a lot better, and they took their time going over what they would do, what I'd like them to do in addition to the standard service, and generally making me feel at ease. They told me they'd leave my car inside until Monday and that made me feel great too.

Since I left the car with them (they are closed on Sunday), I was given prompt updates on the service, and there was only one additional days delay caused by me when I wanted them to order another part. To their credit, they over-nighted the part and made sure it was installed early in the day, so I was able to get the car this afternoon and bring it home. Every time I spoke with someone I was treated very well, and they had a lot patience to go over my questions.

Upon arriving today I saw even more (different) GT3s there, so was comforted by that, and they pulled my car up for me right by the service bay for a speedy exit. They did everything we discussed, gave me a price break for being a PCA member (10% off parts and labor), and I left feeling generally very satisfied with how I was treated.

I know there are good and bad experiences with practically every dealership, but I wanted to share mine. There were only a couple issues that I'd ding them on:

1. I saved about $1200 just by pointing out I didn't need spark plugs. This isn't truly their fault per se, but if I didn't know what the car actually needed, they would have made quite a bit more money. I don't think it was malicious by any means, but with a 24k service interval on spark plugs (street driven car), I fail to see how a 60k service would automatically qualify for getting new plugs.

2. They claim to have hand washed my car as a complimentary $29.99 service. When I approached my car to leave I saw bird crap on the roof. So, either I'm really unlucky and a bird nailed me within 10 minutes of hanging out there with them, or my car was washed some time before that, left outside, and was then crapped on. Obviously I suspect the latter.

Overall a great place and it would be hard to top their enthusiasm about these cars. I was treated well throughout my experience there and feel that they worked hard to earn my repeat business. I'm not a 'run to the dealership' kind of guy in general, but it's great to know that they are willing to work for my business.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 AM
markwoodlief
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barrier is awesome in my opinion. They took care of my Mercedes vehicles for years, and now my second boxster. I don't go to them unless I have to, but stuff like Road Force Balancing, and they seem to be the only place in town to give me a true 4 wheel alignment.

I totally agree on the wash though. They washed my car and missed both rockers and the rear facia of the car..

Other than that they rock. I even forgot over 300 in cash in my center console, and it was still there when I picked it back up.

The barrier family has been a huge part of the Eastside doing tons for the community, so don't mind spending a few bucks there once in awhile.

Quick Reply: Barrier Porsche of Bellevue, WA - service review (60k maintenance + recall)