Notices

993 PPI in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Paul Peters
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 PPI in Los Angeles

new to Porsche community, want to purchase 993, but need good recommendation for shop to perfrom PPI on potential purchase.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:24 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 742 Likes on 424 Posts

my cousin is a long term air-cooled guy who also daily drives a 718. He's had a bunch of air cooled cars since I was a kid. He is the main person who got me addicted to Porsches. He takes his current stable of Air Cooled Porsches to TLG Auto. I am not familiar with the shop enough to know if they do PPIs or not but it is a good start.
https://tlgauto.com/
I have never been to TLG because I drive a 997 but my cousin is very particular about every single item he owns and has very strong opinions on pretty much everything—especially Porsches. I trust his opinion on pretty much everything.
There are a bunch of really good shops in Pasadena for Air Cooled cars as well but I think some people with direct experience will chime in. If not, consider just going straight to the 993 forum section.
Last, I just got work done on my 997 at PRO Motorsports. The mechanic there is Tyson Schmidt who a lot of air-cooled people swear by. His service on my 997 was excellent but I am not sure if he does PPIs and etc.
https://www.promotorsportsla.com/
I am strictly east side though. I barely ever cross the fairfax divide. So, it really matters on where you are in LA.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:35 AM
cjcam930
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 80 Posts

I would not hesitate to recommend TLG Auto (Marco) as well, as he works on my cars and I've known him for years. I also know Tyson and Brad via racing, and they'd be good resources for suspension setup / race prep in particular -- I honestly don't know whether they do PPI or general maintenance.

LA is a big place -- Callas Rennsport in Torrance is another "go to" resource
Old 05-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Tom Balch
2nd Gear

Default Paint

I’m on the West Side .... I found a 996 Cab that needs a pint job - any suggestions on paint shops?
Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Fleiner automotive. It's gonna be expensive
Old 05-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Tom Balch
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by doublecabmel
Fleiner automotive. It's gonna be expensive
Thanks!