Notices

Scratch and Dent Guy in Los Angeles/Valley Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Tootie Pang
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch and Dent Guy in Los Angeles/Valley Area

Hello Porsche people! I ditched my AC/DC concert T-shirt and put on a nice cardigan to post here on your fine forum. It was suggested on my home forum, ThirdGen.org, that I reach out to your community for a recommendation. I have an original project 1989 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z-28 Convertible that I have taken on the last two years. The car has a very nice paint job but has two big mysterious "dings" on the hood and some disturbances on some quarter panels. I am hoping to save the paint job and find someone who performs scratch and dent remedy at a higher level. Although it's not a fancy paint, it is an original factory mix and I don't wan't to have to redo it. To be sure, it is not a show car, but a very clean driver to be enjoyed.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Steven

Old 04-03-2019, 02:15 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 740 Likes on 423 Posts

Wait, a cardigan over the AC/DC shirt?

I bought my car at CNC in Upland. I get it serviced at House Auto in Pasadena. By coincidence, both places recommend the same mobil detailer. I am not sure how extensively he can deal with scratches and dents but check him out.

http://www.superiorshine.com/

I plan to use him in a month or so but I do not have first hand experience with him. I have only seen stellar feedback for his services beyond the 2 businesses mentioned above.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:09 PM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Leo is a great guy for PDR. He can most definitely refer you to someone who can do paint work too. Been using him for almost 10 years. https://www.yelp.com/biz/dings-and-d...s+dent+removal
Old 04-03-2019, 10:16 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesinger
Wait, a cardigan over the AC/DC shirt?

I bought my car at CNC in Upland. I get it serviced at House Auto in Pasadena. By coincidence, both places recommend the same mobil detailer. I am not sure how extensively he can deal with scratches and dents but check him out.

http://www.superiorshine.com/

I plan to use him in a month or so but I do not have first hand experience with him. I have only seen stellar feedback for his services beyond the 2 businesses mentioned above.
House auto are a bunch of crooks those ******** ****ed up my car a few years ago and didn't own up to it. I would never recommend them to anyone.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:05 AM
MJFDDS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

What happened exactly? They are opening up another shop in the San Fernando Valley and I thought it would be a convenient place for my GT3 to be serviced.
Originally Posted by bmw_e30
House auto are a bunch of crooks those ******** ****ed up my car a few years ago and didn't own up to it. I would never recommend them to anyone.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Tootie Pang
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well I pulled the cardigan OVER the T-Shirt. You caught me. LOL. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll start with these and see what I find. e30 what happened with the shop?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:27 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by MJFDDS
What happened exactly? They are opening up another shop in the San Fernando Valley and I thought it would be a convenient place for my GT3 to be serviced.
took it to them to install a new clutch and that's all.

car was picked up with cracked driver side cat which caused a cel and massive power loss and bolts missing in rear by brace and my exhaust can was smashed and the alignment was screwed up. i brought all of this to this crook owner greg's attention and said all i want is my stuff to be fixed.

he didn't take care of a single thing and i ended up paying true professionals to fix what they broke and their mistakes. i also left a ton of negative yelp reviews and somehow they all disappeared in a matter of 24 hours which means that house pays a **** ton of money to yelp every month for this cleanup service and a bunch of fake good reviews. what a scam he's running.

take your car to a honest shop like garage54 which ended up fixing almost all of the mistakes that house made
https://www.yelp.com/biz/garage-54-glendale
Old 04-09-2019, 03:30 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 740 Likes on 423 Posts

I have only had good experiences with House but I will definitely proceed with caution. Thank you for the heads up.

In any case, superior shine is not connected to House. I have just noticed a bunch of different shops use him. House and CNC were just 2 shops I have seen him at.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:23 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best I have ever used is Steve at Dent Mechanix (818) 481-0839. I tried to book him for this week, but he's out of town. Waiting patently for him to return, no one else I have used is even close.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:25 AM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Don’t know if you got this sorted but my guy in Ventura is second to none, a damn artist, he’s did a dent with a crease in it which is not suppose to be possible on my old CS2 and it was perfect.
dent works in Ventura 805-650-0000

Quick Reply: Scratch and Dent Guy in Los Angeles/Valley Area