Notices

Could use advice/recommendations on a SF Bay Area body shop for a side swipe accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 01:24 PM
sf_c63
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Could use advice/recommendations on a SF Bay Area body shop for a side swipe accident

Hi All and Happy Monday!

After 10 years of living and driving in San Francisco it was bound to happen..my 997 was side-swipped by an SUV not checking their blind spot. It was a low-speed impact (15-20 mph) and no one was hurt but man it's leaving me absolutely heart-broken. The damage is relatively minor but naturally I want this fixed in the most high-quality option available. I don't have any experience working with body shops and it's unclear how the quality of work varies for this type of damage. If anyone is willing to share their experience or what to expect, I would appreciate it....

I live in San Francisco but if it makes sense I'm open to commuting to find the best body shop that can get this correctly fixed. After some searching I've read recommendations for German Auto Body in Santa Clara, Summit Auto Body in Belmont, Superior Auto Body in San Carlos...

Looking for a recent recommendation for SF or SF Bay Area body shops...the rear passenger quarter panel has dents, and the rim has a minor curb.

Here's some pics of the damage:

Old 03-11-2019, 02:06 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Superior in San Carlos is an "approved" shop by VW and I believe Carlsen sends their work to them also.
Maybe best choice for blending metallic colors. Might be pricy though.

Summit is a family owned shop around the corner from me and did a solid color door respray on my red Dakota.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:25 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I had these guys work on my previous Panamera when my neighbor's kid (New driver) went over the curb and rammed my Panny. They're in San Francisco too, since it's probably close to you, try passing by to see their work. Also do a Yelp to get info.

https://www.ismotors.com/auto-body/
Old 03-13-2019, 12:08 AM
rockdoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar situation with my wife's BMW 435 GT a few months ago. Based on the recommendation of my Porsche indy, took it to Selecta Auto Body. They are a small shop in Bernal Heights. The body work and paint blending done was excellent. You could not tell where they had done the repair. I also used them to repair and paint my front bumper due to my own carelessness with an RS height car. I would highly recommend them but they may have a wait list. Once they take you they deliver pretty close to what is estimated. Check them out.
https://www.selectaautobody.com

Alvin
Old 03-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Paulnet
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at Ariana Auto Body is having really high rating across the websites but seems like nobody here talked about it, anybody ever been there before?
Old 03-20-2019, 10:25 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

You may have already found a shop, but Summit's my recommendation. Unfortunately, my GTS will be there Monday. Had an argument with a rock on Mt Hamilton Road last Saturday.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:37 AM
rockdoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh no! Everyone ok?
Old 03-20-2019, 10:57 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

No one hurt, car gouged/dented, $3300 worth.

Quick Reply: Could use advice/recommendations on a SF Bay Area body shop for a side swipe accident