Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   West US Rennlist Region (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-rennlist-region-97/)
-   -   Looking for shop recommendations near Long Beach, CA (SoCal) (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-rennlist-region/1123345-looking-for-shop-recommendations-near-long-beach-ca-socal.html)

ericmwalsh 01-10-2019 01:06 PM

Looking for shop recommendations near Long Beach, CA (SoCal)

Hey Rennlist, I recently purchased a 2005 (997.1) C2S Coupe 6MT. This is my first Porsche and I'm absolutely blown away by how amazing it is. My particular car had 2 previous owners and 57k miles and the CarMax history wasn't too detailed so I am looking to get the car ready for my needs and will spend what it takes in order to do so. I plan to daily drive this car ~12k miles/yr and it will also be used on the racetrack 5-7 times/yr.

I am looking for...

- an independent shop near me (within a reasonable distance from Long Beach, CA) that is reasonably priced (less than the dealership, otherwise recommend me a great dealership) and has copious amounts of experience with Porsches on the racetrack.

- a shop that can fix a small paint chip on my hood (around the size of half a grain of rice) and in the gas cap area (around the size of a quarter). Paint color is Seal Grey

Since I plan on taking this car to the racetrack I would like to get a clear bra installed. Before that is applied I would like to have paint correction done as well.

- a shop that can paint correct/detail/clear bra the car

Thanks!

ericmwalsh 01-11-2019 01:26 AM

Also does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable exhaust shop with experience doing the "Gundo hack"? I'm considering just going the fdmotorsports/Fister route but figured I would ask around first.

bmw_e30 01-15-2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by ericmwalsh (Post 15556110)
Hey Rennlist, I recently purchased a 2005 (997.1) C2S Coupe 6MT. This is my first Porsche and I'm absolutely blown away by how amazing it is. My particular car had 2 previous owners and 57k miles and the CarMax history wasn't too detailed so I am looking to get the car ready for my needs and will spend what it takes in order to do so. I plan to daily drive this car ~12k miles/yr and it will also be used on the racetrack 5-7 times/yr.

I am looking for...

- an independent shop near me (within a reasonable distance from Long Beach, CA) that is reasonably priced (less than the dealership, otherwise recommend me a great dealership) and has copious amounts of experience with Porsches on the racetrack.

- a shop that can fix a small paint chip on my hood (around the size of half a grain of rice) and in the gas cap area (around the size of a quarter). Paint color is Seal Grey

Since I plan on taking this car to the racetrack I would like to get a clear bra installed. Before that is applied I would like to have paint correction done as well.

Thanks!

southbay autohaus for mechanical work

garage54 for track and mechanical work

either shop can refer you to good touch up and clear bra installers

MoeMistry 01-17-2019 12:22 AM

We specialize in paint correction and clear bra. Please let me know how I can help.

ideally, all mechanical work would be completed first, and we’d be the last to touch and deliver touou

TuonoR 01-25-2019 11:56 PM

Congrats on the 997!

I am looking for...

Callas Rennsport. Reasonable but probably not be the cheapest...regardless better than the dealership (cost-wise and attention to detail) and not too far from you.

Depends on how OCD you are. Rich at pacific paint match is quite good, works mobile and will give you a transparent opinion on how effective his repair might be. Autokennel uses him. Rick at mobile paint and dent repair in Huntington Beach is also good and has a physical location. He is more of a full service body shop these days but grew up doing mobile touch-ups.

Detail / paint correct - Joe at Superior Shine. Great dude...honest hard working always on time. Just prepped my RS for clear bra.

Clear bra - Sean at Ultimate Shield. Best in socal I have tried more than a couple. He will be filming my RS and has done several cars for me.

Thanks!

Tle 02-08-2019 03:54 AM

Sleepers

Sleepers in Costa Mesa is my spot! They Fab and have done many gundo hacks.