Notices

SF Bay Area PCA group

Old 11-26-2018, 08:21 PM
deardorff8x10
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default SF Bay Area PCA group

Hi- I am moving part time to the SF Bay Area (Sausalito in Marin County). I thought I would join the Golden Gate chapter, but it turns out there is also the Redwood chapter which is in theory the one for Marin. Does anyone have experience with these groups? Being in Sausalito, some events in SF are closer than those in Sonoma, etc., but both places are accessible. Does anyone have advice for me?
Old 11-26-2018, 09:44 PM
4ng crcs
Addict
Rennlist Member

It really depends on what you’re looking for.
I’m not familiar with Redwood, but GGR has a very active DE, Club Racing and Autocross membership along with other social events.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:35 PM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

@deardorff8x10 - welcome! I'm around the corner in tiburon so will keep an eye out for the GT3. You can go to both Redwood and GG events I believe. I'm technically a member of Redwood and been to one of their AutoX events at the Santa Rosa Airport. Its a short course but a good time. There are TONS of great roads in Marin and a bunch of 911 guys in the area who will never pass down an opportunity to hit them with you.

Ping me when you get into town.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:51 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome! I'm not familiar with Redwood Region activities, but, as noted, GGR has top notch Autocross, Driving Events, and FunRuns (drives, tours). In most cases, if you are a member of one PCA region, you can participate in the activities of others. However, in the case of GGR FunRuns, because of their popularity, they are restricted to GGR members and Porsches only. I believe Autocrosses are initially opened to GGR members only, then opened later to all PCA members.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: