Notices

Looking to purchase, but never have driven (Portland)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 07:12 PM
scanderson76
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Looking to purchase, but never have driven (Portland)

Hello all,

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anybody would be willing to accommodate. I am in the market for a 996 and have never driven one. I would like to get an idea what a good one would feel like to drive as I go through the process of purchasing one of my own (yes I would get a PPI). I live in a pretty rural area, so there isn't a lot of options, as there are no used car dealers in the area (not really high on my list to go to a used car dealer). I am about an hour outside of Portland, OR in the gorge and am hopeful to find a volunteer that would be willing to let me drive theirs. I will be in the Portland metro area on Thursday the 22nd and possibly the 23rd of October. I know this is a long shot, but all of you have been pretty helpful so far so thought I would take a wild stab in the dark on this one.

Thank you,
Scott
Old 10-23-2018, 02:46 AM
mrjonger
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a current owner, I do wonder how mine stacks up against others. FYI, I think you'll have better visibility posting in the 996 forum. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Tommy Tuite
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What version 996 are you interested in? 6spd? Stock suspension? Cab/coupe? C2/C4/turbo?...
These are almost 20 years old so they will all age differently
Old 10-23-2018, 12:17 PM
scanderson76
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tommy Tuite
What version 996 are you interested in? 6spd? Stock suspension? Cab/coupe? C2/C4/turbo?...
These are almost 20 years old so they will all age differently
Hello Tommy, all good questions. I am interested in mostly a stock vehicle with a 6spd. and a non-turbo. So C2 or a C4S if possible. I understand that a 20 year old vehicle will have its quirks and each vehicle is different based off previous ownership and how the car was maintained. I really just want to get a feel of what a decent one would feel like, and what to expect when I go through the buying process. I hope this helps answer your question and thanks again!
Old 10-23-2018, 12:18 PM
scanderson76
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mrjonger
As a current owner, I do wonder how mine stacks up against others. FYI, I think you'll have better visibility posting in the 996 forum. Good luck!
Thank you sir! Duly noted and I will add this over there. Thought giving it a shot a little more local first would give me a better shot.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:33 PM
korntera
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked Gran Prix Motors? They have a massive Porsche inventory and are very accommodating to allow for test drives.

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase, but never have driven (Portland)