Notices

9th Annual 2018 "Dan's Drive" Monterey Historics Fun Wine Run to Hahn Winery 8/23!!!

Old 07-19-2018, 12:59 AM
porschecab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9th Annual 2018 "Dan's Drive" Monterey Historics Fun Wine Run to Hahn Winery 8/23!!!

Sorry for the delay in starting this thread, but with 4.5 weeks away, should be plenty of time to join in and fill all of the spots for the drive.

I will be updating links shortly.

This is a fantastic event and it all starts Wednesday August 22nd.

Wednesday night, August 22nd, dinner. Location TBD. Please contact me directly, porschecab@comcast.net, if you'd like to join in.

This year, 2018, the drive will be Thursday, August 23rd. We will meet between 8:00/8:30AM, Safeway parking lot (same place each of the previous years - address below). The drive will be the same journey as each of the years, commencing at the lovely Hahn Winery. It is a spirited drive through the backcountry of Monterey (video clip link to follow), ending up at the picturesque Hahn Estates Winery. The roots of the Hahn Estates Winery date back to the Hahn family’s European heritage. It is a fantastic drive. There are cattle grates, rough patches, a few rocks or dirt clods, and no bathrooms along the drive.

I have worked with the wonderful folks at Hahn and have made some special arrangements to use the tasting room - parking lot - tables - etc. There are several picnic benches and such for all of us to use, but we will have to bring our own food & drinks. Everyone usually grabs lunch to take with us from the meeting spot, Safeway.

COST = $ FREE
There is a $15 wine tasting fee should you choose to partake at Hahn.

Plan on being at Safeway early enough to chat, grab lunch, check out the great cars, as we will depart around 9:00/9:15. There is a gas station, coffee shop, and of course Safeway at the same shopping center, but I would strongly suggest filling up PRIOR to departure - not during. You won't catch up. (:

Start:
Safeway Parking Lot
104 Mid Valley Center
Carmel, CA 93923

Finish:
Hahn Winery Estates
37700 Foothill Road
Soledad, CA 93960

More details, maps, directions, all to follow.

Just shoot a note to porschecab@comcast.net if you want to join the drive and/or dinner.

Thanks to all for keeping the tradition alive.

Dan
Old 08-21-2018, 01:46 PM
porschecab
Intermediate

Bump for two days before!! Spots open.
I will email the group tonight.
Dan
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 AM
porschecab
Intermediate

Quick Update:

When and where: Meet in the Safeway parking lot, 104 Mid Valley Center, Carmel. Carmel Valley Coffee Roasting Co is in this same shopping center as is a gas station. We will depart around 9;15. There is no real bathroom break between our starting point and Hahn, but we do stop about 45-60 minutes, park along side of the road. This stop has served as a ‘regroup’ location in years past. Some folks do find a tree.

That's this Thursday, August 23, 2018. We will leave close to 9:15 - but folks start showing up close to 8:15. The Safeway will have lunch and snacks to grab for our stop at Hahn.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN DINNER TONIGHT (yes, tonight), LET ME KNOW. A FEW ARE CONSIDERING TARPY’S TONIGHT AROUND 7;00. I WILL MAKE RESERVATIONS.

I hope to see you there!

All best,
Dan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9th Annual 2018 "Dan's Drive" Monterey Historics Fun Wine Run to Hahn Winery 8/23!!!