Recommended tire shop - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Recommended tire shop

Old 07-14-2018, 01:53 AM
.moo.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Recommended tire shop

Unfortunate event happened on my T today, got a nail in the nearly brand new tire. I don't think I need to replace it but can someone recommend me to an experience shop in the Bay Area that can help plug this hole?

Old 07-14-2018, 02:11 AM
boisenelson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Any reputable shop should be able to plug that. I am not in your area but my daughter lives in the Mission District so I'm familiar with your area. I have a plug in my passenger side front tire that has held for 2 years on my 997.2TT with no issues at all. Google or ask around for a repair shop, but this is a very easy fix and you'll be fine.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:11 PM
djantlive
Super User

I can put in a plug for you. I’m in redwood City.

You can get a plug kit for $10 at oreilly or pep boys too. I keep one in my car.

You can can have a shop plug it on the inside but it will be $50-75 since they have to take the tire off the rim. You risk having the wheel scratched though. California wheel in Campbell and SJ is good

A simple plug on the outside worked wonders for years and I have never seen a failure. But it is supposedly a temp solution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: