Notices

Recommend maintenance shop for Seattle

Old 06-29-2018, 02:52 AM
jimmy4ever
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend maintenance shop for Seattle

Hey folks

My 991 C2S just past 4-year warranty and wonder if anyone recommends any maintenance shop in Seattle area.

Has anyone been to Aker's? If so, how was your experience?
https://www.yelp.com/biz/akers-seattle-2?osq=Porsche

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy
Old 06-29-2018, 01:03 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist Jimmy. There was a recent thread about Akers, if you search you should be able to find it, it is about 10-15 threads down on this page. We are fortunate in this area to have a few reputable indy shops. Akers is reported to be one. I have had work done at Gerbers (West Seattle), and Chris' German (Redmond). Happy with results at both.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:19 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I go to Dundon's in Gig Harbor. He used to be at Gerber's. Cantrell's is excellent too. Others use Chris' German. All good. It kinda depends on your cars' vintage and what you want done.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:01 PM
thebrit86
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used Gerber Motorsports on a couple of occasions and been very happy with their work thus far. No experience with other shops so can't give a comparison.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:39 AM
danchee
4th Gear

Sorry to revive an old thread. Just picked up a 718 CGTS and looking for an indie in the West Seattle area (the private island now given the closed bridge ).
I think I've read somewhere that one would need to get the car services at the dealer in order to keep the CPO/Porsche Approved status in a resale situation, is this really true? I'm thinking of going to Aker's for most general maintenance service if I can't find a closer indie shop, would that impact the warranty? BMWs didn't care much about where their cars are serviced for the most parts.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2021, 11:45 PM
06bom6
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

While I can’t really help with the indie question, I would suggest to reach out to Justin Monson at Porsche Bellevue regarding the cpo question. He’s a great guy and honest as they come. I do most of my own maintenance and when it’s something I can’t or don’t want to do lol, he’s the one I go see. He always does what he can to limit any bleed if you need them to do something.

Otherwise he is just a great resource to have and will always shoot you straight.

Tell him Dick referred you and he will understand what kind of owner you are (the fact that we share the use of the forum is an example as decent enthusiasts) and if you’re good with it, he will be straight to the point and explain it as we want it explained. This goes for beyond the warranty question too. He is sometimes slow to respond to voicemails but his email is his last name first initial at autonation dot com.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:16 AM
danchee
4th Gear

Thank you! I will be reaching out to Justin!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommend maintenance shop for Seattle