Notices

PNW (Seattle) - Winter tire recommendations for 997.1 TT

Old 04-20-2018, 03:53 AM
loonwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PNW (Seattle) - Winter tire recommendations for 997.1 TT

Hi all,

I'm about to buy a 2007 997.1 TT from the Bay area and will be driving it back to Seattle. I just did a PPI on it, and the mechanic said the tires are shot and won't even make the road trip up north. This is fine because I was planning to put winter tires on the stock wheels anyway.

So with that said, I'm looking for the best winter/rain tire that will fit the stock 997 Turbo wheels. I'm mostly concerned with performance in the rain and not necessarily snow (it only snows a couple days a year in Seattle). Note that I'll only be using these for half the year. I'm planning to get HRE FF01s with summer tires for the other half of the year.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-20-2018, 05:07 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Answer my own question, but would love to know if anyone strongly agrees or disagrees. I'm considering Michelin Alpin PA4 N-specs... any opinions on those?
Old 11-11-2022, 05:13 PM
curknee
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 tt Winter Tire Brands?

Hello - I too have a 997.1 tt which needs winter tires as I live in the PNW (Bellevue). Did you ever get an answer as to what winter tires are available or where to look? Tire Rack has nothing that I can see. Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PNW (Seattle) - Winter tire recommendations for 997.1 TT