Notices

Seattle-SCCA Track Events

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 02:14 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Seattle-SCCA Track Events

Hi, I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has gone to one of the SCCA Track Night Events here in the Seattle area at Ridge Motorsport Park or Pacific Raceways.
Would you recommend this for a novice or should I try to find one of the Porsche Club events or Hooked on Driving events instead?
Any info is appreciated, thanks
Bill
Old 03-24-2018, 11:20 PM
radr
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know a few people who have gone. It's a little more "wild west" if that makes sense. For a novice, I would recommend one of the club days; BMW, Porsche and Audi all have great experiences for people just starting out. From what I've heard, HOD is great too but I have no personal experience with that.

I see a 997.2 cab in your profile pic... is this the car you want to take to the track? Different clubs have different policies about cabs that have been in a bit of a flux the past few years. Email the event organizer on MotorsportsReg before you sign up, they will know for sure what their club's current standing on rollover protection rules is.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:53 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by radr
I know a few people who have gone. It's a little more "wild west" if that makes sense. For a novice, I would recommend one of the club days; BMW, Porsche and Audi all have great experiences for people just starting out. From what I've heard, HOD is great too but I have no personal experience with that.

I see a 997.2 cab in your profile pic... is this the car you want to take to the track? Different clubs have different policies about cabs that have been in a bit of a flux the past few years. Email the event organizer on MotorsportsReg before you sign up, they will know for sure what their club's current standing on rollover protection rules is.
Thanks, yes that's the car.
Thanks for responding. I looked at the cab rules and the factory roll over protection system appears to be acceptable to SCCA.
The price is right so I may go and see what its all about and if I feel ok with the others on the track then decide to get on the track or wait for a Porsche sponsored event or a HOD event.
Thanks
Bill
Old 04-08-2018, 11:39 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend HOD events at the Ridge. Good instructor sessions if you are starting out. Download after sessions for the novices and even some filming critiques.
Porsche club may have rules on soft tops. PCANW. Spiel is the magazine locally in seattle
Old 04-11-2018, 06:59 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Ive done a few SCCA track nights. They are fun, good group running them, but IMO not good for first track day experience,.. instruction is minimal because of how short time limit/few sessions they have. Like mentioned before, kinda wild west in intermediate group. Advanced group is pretty good to run with.

Quick Reply: Seattle-SCCA Track Events