Best Bay Area dealer to buy from

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 03:35 AM
lakshman
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Best Bay Area dealer to buy from

Hello all!
Newbie here! I am a long time BMW owner who is looking to enter the wonderful world of Porsche. I am very interested in buying a 718 Cayman and would like to put in an order shortly. Being unfamiliar with Porsche buying experience I had a few questions.

1) What type of pricing should I expect? In the BMW world that I am familiar with its normal to expect 7-10% discount on MSRP on models that's been in the market for a year. Is it reasonable to expect the same kind of discounts on a 2018 718 Cayman
2) Do you get any benefit in servicing the car at the dealer that you buy from? I have heard there's some preferential treatment provided to you (free loaner) if you service at the place you buy
3) Any other advice for a first time Porsche buyer?

Thanks and much appreciate the guidance of fellow forum members!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try this forum: 987 - 981 718 Forum and ask your questions........ Discounts are a long shot and based on availability, it's usually MSRP or more. Start with Fremont Porsche.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:50 AM
lakshman
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks so much Rick!
I went ahead and closed a deal with Livermore Porsche for 6% off MSRP today.
Here's the discount I got from others:
Fremont - 3%
Walnut Creek - 5%
Carlsen - 7%
While Carlsen was the lowest, I went with Livermore because they were located closer to me, gave me a decent deal and their sales people (Ken Harvey and Philippe) were very professional and helpful through the process. Looking forward to building a relationship with them and with the broader Porsche community.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:29 PM
M3S3R
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can not go wrong with Livermore's service department. Ask for John has been great to deal with. I purchased a 997 turbo from Livermore. Walnut Creek Porsche treated me right on the 991 Turbo S, I just purchased but there service writer is not the best.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:53 AM
Andiparker
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thumbs-up for Livermore...
Old 02-21-2018, 12:16 PM
ThePhanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by M3S3R
Can not go wrong with Livermore's service department. Ask for John has been great to deal with. I purchased a 997 turbo from Livermore. Walnut Creek Porsche treated me right on the 991 Turbo S, I just purchased but there service writer is not the best.
John Morris?

He was my sales guy at Fremont before he left for Livermore. Can't say enough good things about John.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

Another +1 for Livermore. I've been going there for the past several years. Kevin H is the GM and great to work with. Picked up my Turbo S from them and it's been like family ever since. Might be picking up another P-Car from them this weekend.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:15 PM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no beef w Livermore, I just want to say as an addition- Stevens Creek treated me very well, and from my experience, I would send someone there. The parts and service depts have been great as well, and I generally enjoy going there.

Congrats on your new car!!!! Enjoy the life out of it

Quick Reply: Best Bay Area dealer to buy from