Notices

crappy buying experience from california dealers

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 10:37 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default crappy buying experience from california dealers

Anyone else in the area feels this way? Been on the look out for some used/new 911 GTSs. The two places with used cars i contacted:

One of them stopped responding to my emails after promising to send me pictures and build sheet. I called them a few days later, said could not get photo because car needed a quick fix in the shop, told me to stop by for a test drive in a few days. Stopped by later that week as i was going up to tahoe, car was still in the shop and was all taken apart, told me to check in again on my way back. Texted sales before heading back, car still in shop for the apparent "minor issue".

The second one is in SoCal, been emailing back and forth. When i asked about color of deviated stitching and mileages being put onto the car since it has been on sale (been sitting on the lot since early november), this is the response i got:

Dear xxxx,
This is xxxx and I work with xxxx on difficult cases like this one.
LOL.
No, really the car is available and has 3905 miles. Our General Manager drove it to a Porsche conference last week and put a couple hundred miles on it. Can you blame him?
The stitch is black on the GTS interior with Carbon Fibre. I can offer you a $2000 savings if that would help.

Seriously???? What kind of response is this? What's so funny that he had to LOL about??

On the new car, emailed two dealers today, one didn't get back to me after forwarding the build sheet, the other mentioned something about getting an allocation for a 911 has been really hard, will get back to me tomorrow...

Now mind you, this is a GTS we are talking about here, not a GT3. Seems porsche is no longer interested in selling any cars, and no one here in northern california wants to take my money. Really thrown off by this sort of experience.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No surprise as on a number of forums here, many "in the know" can verify your dealer experience and it doesn't end in Northern CA either. Rather than go into detail, the GOOD dealers are Fremont, Sonnen, & Fresno. Burlingame is never mentioned so not aware of issues. The rest......well..... Forget allocations as, you would be in a long line and have to pay huge dealer markups.
Porsche does not have direct control over their dealers who happily will take advantage to their benefit. Suggest you research the Vehicle For Sale forum here as part of your search.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

No surprise. Call CJ at Fresno Porsche. They are awesome.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

"LOL". It's what I like to call, millennial English.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:56 PM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also try Hadyn Howe at Porsche San Diego. Fantastic experience. Responded with additional pictures immediately, knowledgeable and great in person. RJ
Old 12-12-2017, 08:15 PM
basic666
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
"LOL". It's what I like to call, millennial English.
Problem is when i searched him up on dealer's website the guy is like 60+ and have been with the dealership "since 1999"

Also thanks for the suggestions. The thing is the two dealers i ping'd and still waiting on a response for the allocation ARE fresno and fremont... Not sure whats up, am i too crazy to expect a response on a car's allocation within 2 days time? Or is it some weird time of the year where dealers are just not interested in doing business? Might as well put my money into some bitcoins while i wait
Old 12-13-2017, 12:33 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was by Fremont a few weeks back and spoke with Raj who complained that Porsche was retooling? and his dealer was having a hard time getting any information on upcoming vehicles and deliveries. Then again, some seem to be expecting their preordered new cars to arrive shortly. Maybe hoping for more allocations in addition to original allotment that has been assigned to early subscribers........ I'm not a player in this end of the market so just speculating.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:35 PM
basic666
Racer

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
I was by Fremont a few weeks back and spoke with Raj who complained that Porsche was retooling? and his dealer was having a hard time getting any information on upcoming vehicles and deliveries. Then again, some seem to be expecting their preordered new cars to arrive shortly. Maybe hoping for more allocations in addition to original allotment that has been assigned to early subscribers........ I'm not a player in this end of the market so just speculating.
Definitely something is up, ping'd a few more dealers and no one have been able to get back to me with an allocation response yet... Maybe the allocation for the year is up, and everyone's waiting for new ones or sth...

Quick Reply: crappy buying experience from california dealers