Notices

Anyone in the Bay Area adapted their 987 Cayman for a tall driver? GT3 seats etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:08 PM
blueski
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the Bay Area adapted their 987 Cayman for a tall driver? GT3 seats etc

Hi all,

I'm looking at 987 Caymans, but at 6'4 it's a tight fit. I've read of a few tall driver adaptations, e.g. BK seat mounts and/or GT3 seats. Has anyone in the Bay Area (or even further afield) made these adaptations? Would you mind letting me sit in your car if so? Struggling to make the purchase without being sure I can squeeze out a bit more space.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Tank_Nine_Eleven
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you looked into seat extension brackets? I did this on my 957 Cayenne using brackets that were actually made for a 958 Cayenne and they bolted right on. Do some homework and you may be able to use brackets designed for another model that may work for your 987 as well.

I don't want to post the manufacturer I purchased mine from here in case it's against any vendor rules on the forum but PM me if you'd like and I can share there.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Bay Area adapted their 987 Cayman for a tall driver? GT3 seats etc