Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

| GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 02:55 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by PDX_911
Hey @12v Nick , I'm a Portlander who just got a C2S allocation two days ago, which will be delivered in June.

I'm very interested in learning more about your solutions. Do you encourage folks to stop by your shop to discuss options in-person, and to get a sense of what the various upgrade paths sound like?
Congrats on the allocation! I always encourage folks to stop by if they have the opportunity. We don't always have a shop full of P-Cars, but there's a good chance we've got something fun and cool to check out.

If you're interested in getting a demo, I'll have a 992 down here in a week or so that has the full Stage Three system installed. Shoot me an email and we can take it from there: porsche.audio@musicarnw.com

Originally Posted by recarv
Can't say enough good things about @12v Nick at Musicar -- his staged sound packages fit perfectly, are plug and play, the instructions are clear and comprehensive and in video, the sound difference is tremendous and even at stage3 the net weight change is nearly negligible and the little weight it does add with the woofers and sound deadening is more forward than rear, so it helps the front lightweight balance.

He also made and provided front sensor kit housing for my ALP which makes it 100% factory look and indistinguishable from other factory sensor pods.

10/10 for Nick!
Aww, shucks. Thanks for the glowing review — glad you're still happy with everything!

Old 02-22-2024, 10:11 AM
PDX_911
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Congrats on the allocation! I always encourage folks to stop by if they have the opportunity. We don't always have a shop full of P-Cars, but there's a good chance we've got something fun and cool to check out.

If you're interested in getting a demo, I'll have a 992 down here in a week or so that has the full Stage Three system installed. Shoot me an email and we can take it from there: porsche.audio@musicarnw.com
Amazing, will do—thank you!
Old 02-23-2024, 05:44 AM
992TTSUAE
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Order stage 3

Nick,

please look to your mail box. My email is waiting for you!
Old 02-23-2024, 11:19 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 655 Posts

Pulled the trigger and just had the amp unit installed by a local pro on Friday...my ears are ringing with the glory of clean and rich sound.

Only thing...i had to turn Bass and Treble to +9 on the MMI sound settings to get the full signal to the DSP. At 0 it was underwhelming and underprocessed.

Is this typical or was something missed in the setup?

Last edited by Pad Bender; 02-23-2024 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:46 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2,006 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
Pulled the trigger and just had the amp unit installed by a local pro on Friday...my ears are ringing with the glory of clean and rich sound.

Only thing...i had to turn Bass and Treble to +9 on the MMI sound settings to get the full signal to the DSP. At 0 it was underwhelming and underprocessed.

Is this typical or was something missed in the setup?
I ran the Musicar stage 2 set up for a while and then upgraded to stage 3. In both cases I have my bass setting up to +4 and treble at +1. However, my Bose stereo never had the Porsche update that killed the bass. If your car had that, maybe it is also impacting the amount of bass and treble coming out? You should be able to increase the gain on the amp and/or tune the DSP to fill in the bass and highs better.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:32 AM
992TTSUAE
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Stage 3 or 3 plus for Abu Dhabi (992 Turbo S)

Hi Nick, could you contact me via Message to make me an offer for Stage 3 or even 3 plus for shipping to Abu Dhabi. Any think else for sound dampening that door? Any pr cut for other area of the car! Great job. I have seen your YouTube and all the thread! You are the best.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:47 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I ran the Musicar stage 2 set up for a while and then upgraded to stage 3. In both cases I have my bass setting up to +4 and treble at +1. However, my Bose stereo never had the Porsche update that killed the bass. If your car had that, maybe it is also impacting the amount of bass and treble coming out? You should be able to increase the gain on the amp and/or tune the DSP to fill in the bass and highs better.
Just solved it...did a recalibration to bring it in my sweet spot with factory EQ flat and Spotify EQ flat. It was initial installation EQ, which was modified for my aftermarket speakers, was way too low and flat to bring the system alive.

I think you are right about having to crank it a bit more because of the dealer reprogram.

The Match UP 10 is super responsive to EQ setups. Small changes in frequency can remarkably bring instruments to front or back.

Man...its kicking now and my ears are sore. All and all...very pleased and definitely superior to the Burmester, which i listened to back to back today. Bigger and cleaner bass and highs are much smoother.

Last edited by Pad Bender; 02-24-2024 at 05:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pad Bender:
AlterZgo (02-26-2024), pbcsd (03-29-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 06:24 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 88 Posts

@12v Nick or others that have done the sound dampening. I seem to have a rattle coming from the driver side door and can't seem to tame it no matter what I do. I've tried adding some MegaZorbe foam to it, but the damn thing still rattles (it's not the speaker, rattles whenever I hit a few bumps on the road, no music playing).

I've narrowed it down to the panel next to the speaker, meaning, if I slightly press down on the faux leather there, it seems to stop the rattle. Not certain if it's the panel (circled in red) or the grill. Anyone experience this, thoughts on how to eliminate? Driving me batty.

Old 03-31-2024, 06:45 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
@12v Nick or others that have done the sound dampening. I seem to have a rattle coming from the driver side door and can't seem to tame it no matter what I do. I've tried adding some MegaZorbe foam to it, but the damn thing still rattles (it's not the speaker, rattles whenever I hit a few bumps on the road, no music playing).

I've narrowed it down to the panel next to the speaker, meaning, if I slightly press down on the faux leather there, it seems to stop the rattle. Not certain if it's the panel (circled in red) or the grill. Anyone experience this, thoughts on how to eliminate? Driving me batty.

L
I had similar rattle from same location the first time I reinstalled the door panel. It ended up being the rubber gasket or whatever you call it. If that’s not properly seated you will get a rattle that can be heard from the outside of the car. It drove me crazy too until I realized it was that. At least for me. Good luck.

Last edited by Jbravo23; 03-31-2024 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:49 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
I had similar rattle from same location the first time I reinstalled the door panel. It ended up being the rubber gasket or whatever you call it. If that’s not properly seated you will get a rattle that can be heard from the outside of the car. It drove me crazy too until I realized it was that. At least for me. Good luck.

Did the rattle stop when you pressed a bit on the panel next to the speaker grill?

How could you hear it from the outside? I only hear it when driving over a bumpy segment of road.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:02 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Did the rattle stop when you pressed a bit on the panel next to the speaker grill?

How could you hear it from the outside? I only hear it when driving over a bumpy segment of road.
Cuz I’m **** and I had to make sure I installed the tiles correctly in the door panel. So I would go outside to give a listen and that rubber piece was vibrating like crazy. I though it was the door skin, but ended up just being that.

I figured it out by listening to music door closed without the door panel being installed. Then I was able to play around with that piece. Once it’s stopped I installed panel and I have never heard it since.

May just be a different issue altogether but looking at your pic and how you insulated all around that piece makes me think it could be that???
Old 04-02-2024, 10:12 AM
pbcsd
Racer

Okay, so I'm actually wondering if the rattle is because the window seal is not sitting properly into the metal clip. I can't figure out how to get the seal back properly into the back clip, have tried heating it, plyers, you name it but it won't stay and pops up (as you can see, I've hacked away at it enough!). @12v Nick mentioned that the best way is to remove the entire seal with the clips on it, then put them all down as one piece, i.e the rubber and the clips need to clip down onto the door as one piece.

But from the looks of it, the seal seems to extend all the way around the door at both sides and I can't seem to figure out a simple way to remove just the top part. Has anyone done this and or found any videos online about how to do that?

Old 04-20-2024, 03:03 AM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 75 Posts

Does anyone know of an installer in the Los Angeles area where I could have the Stage 1 Plus done?
Old 06-03-2024, 03:07 PM
pbcsd
Racer

BTW, for anyone looking to add a rear Subwoofer to the system, the remote trigger was depinned in the Match Up 10 DSP by Musicar. So just a heads up that you can use this part along with an 18-24 gauge stranded wire/lead to repin it and have your remote trigger working.

The following users liked this post:
AlterZgo (06-06-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 08:35 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

About 2 months with the system now and had a chance to take listening notes on a wide range of music.

I have different speakers than the stage 3 package so had to a custom calibration.

After watching a few tutorials, i have been using the Audiotech Fischer DSP PC tool to experiment with crossovers, output levels and EQ using the virtual channels.

My general observations/process:

1. I turned off low bass boost effect as it was too boomey with stock sub. narrowed sub crossover from 30-80 hz as my woofers can handle plenty. Kendrick sounds great with no rattle or strain.
2. Dialed down output of centre mid channel about 5db and it really pushed mid signals to the insulated doors...sounds way less better for rock and centre is present/balance but not dominant like a home AV.
3. Used the virtual channel to EQ full left and full right channel at the same time to find that sweet spot for my ears. Mostly fine adjusted 200-1000hz and a treble cut at 5000hz to take out any harshness.

Im sure you can arrive at this end point several ways...but i am 100% happy now. System really kicks ***.

The following users liked this post:
ferraris (08-04-2024)

Quick Reply: | GROUP BUY | Musicar Audio Upgrades for BOSE 992