Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

► APEX | 18” SM-10 Porsche Wheel Group Buy - Up to $300 OFF + Free Shipping

Old 01-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 617 Likes on 394 Posts
Default ► APEX | 18” SM-10 Porsche Wheel Group Buy - Up to $300 OFF + Free Shipping

APEX 18” Porsche Wheel Group Buy

UPDATE: The Group Buy is officially closed. Thank you everyone for making the deal a success.

The new year has arrived, which means it’s time to prepare for the upcoming season. We developed and successfully released our 18” SM-10 Porsche wheel line last year to meet the diverse needs of the Porsche performance driving community. The SM-10 wheel design offers new and exciting aesthetic and functional features that build on existing APEX principles: Strong, Lightweight, Affordable. Weight is reduced by CNC machining material out from the spokes to give an “I” beam design. To top it off, these wheels feature massive brake clearance which allows them to clear OEM PCCBs and a variety of aftermarket big brake kits that many other 18” wheel manufactures simply cannot accommodate.

This deal allows Porsche enthusiasts around the world to “Gang Up” for a chance to receive the largest discount offered on our 18” wheels. The more enthusiasts that pledge, the greater the discount will be. With the ability to set a required discount, there is no risk in signing up early, as orders will only be processed if we unlock your desired discount. With this site, you can configure your desired fitment and finish, and view accessories like tires, TPMS, color matched metal valve stems and Porsche center-caps.

Be sure to sign up if you are interested in a functional and affordable wheel setup with a proven track record. Street, track or race, we’ve got you covered with a variety of chassis specific fitments

CLICK HERE TO SHOW YOUR INTEREST

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk-free!

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What if I have some questions?
No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via groupbuys@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well-organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

Want to see how they look?

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 02-25-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:21 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Need some help for a confused person. I am in the market for wheels and i want in. I have a 2004 C4S. I wanna run my just purchased michelins in a stock sizes. Which wheels to i lock in on the deal. Also when would this deal close and be shipped?
Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 PM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbren1979
Need some help for a confused person. I am in the market for wheels and i want in. I have a 2004 C4S. I wanna run my just purchased michelins in a stock sizes. Which wheels to i lock in on the deal. Also when would this deal close and be shipped?
They will probably chime in soon, but in the meantime check out this page:

https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

These are the fitments for the 996 widebody.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:20 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I found it last night and Apex responded to all of my emails over night. I joined the group buy this morning. Now i just have to wait......Thats gonna be hard
Old 01-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great chatting with you last night in regards to your 996 C4S, Mike. In case anyone else has a similar question, here was my initial response to Mike's questions about C4S fitment and the Group Buy platform:

----------

Thank you for your interest. I'm happy to walk you through the Group Buy platform as well as wheel and tire fitment for your 996 C4S WB. You are spot on in regards to wheel fitment assuming this is car will be used either on the street or as a double duty street and track car. Serious track and W2W race cars typically use our 9" front wheel application in an effort to support wider front tires (245 or 255). Those cars will have a healthy amount of negative camber dialed in, and their goal is to maximize front end grip, improve turn-in and mitigate any understeer.

The staggered wheel fitment below will bolt right up to the car, and will not require any spacers:

Front: 18x8.5" ET42 - Profile 1 face
Rear: 18x11" ET36 - Profile 3 face

In regards to tires, there are quite a few combinations that would with this staggered wheel configuration, and it really comes down to how you plan to use the car and desired tire brand/model. 235/40-18 front & 315/30-18 rear is a popular configuration.

Front Tire Options:
225/40-18
235/40-18
245/40-18
255/35-18 (serious track/race car with 18x9" ET46 front wheels)

Rear Tire Options
295/30-18
315/30-18
335/30-18 (serious track/race car with high HP with 18x12" ET45 wheels)

Will this be a street only car, or will it see some track time? Do you have any suspension modifications? Part of what makes APEX different than many wheel manufactures is our desire to hold in-depth conversations with our customers to uncover their needs. We understand that enthusiasts use their cars in a variety of different ways, and there are many variables at play. I'd love to hear a bit more about the car, any modifications, and your intended use to ensure we get you the right wheel and tire setup.

The Group Buy platform is a great way to bring the community together at one given time to offer a major discount on product in exchange for volume sales. The GangUp site takes things to another level by keeping the deal organized and easy to follow. There is a video on the GangUp deal home page which explains a bit more about the Group Buy.

https://www.gangup.com/apex/apex-18-...s-q1-2019.html

The Group Buy is live for Porsche enthusiasts to pledge (join) until Feb 13th at 11:59 PM Pacific. We have product in stock, and will begin to fulfill orders approx. 48 hours of the deal ending. We fulfill customer orders in chronological order, so it is beneficial to sign up for the deal as early as possible. This also increases the chances of getting your first finish preference, as they can run out of stock towards the end of the participation list. Many customers will start receiving wheels the week following the Group Buy, however, we do officially state on the GangUp site that all product will be shipped by end of February just to ensure we have enough time (under promise, over deliver).

I look forward to hearing from you, and please let me know if you have further questions.

- Ryan
Old 01-24-2019, 11:56 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Take advantage of the community Group Buy which offers up to $300 off a set of 18" SM-10 wheels + free shipping*. This is the best way to save on wheels all year, and it is just in time for the upcoming season. Reduce weight and increase wheel and tire width, all while clearing your factory or aftermarket BBK (including PCCBs).

CLICK HERE TO SHOW YOUR INTEREST

Here is RL's very own Dave Lincon's Porsche 996 C2 race car equipped with APEX SM-10's.

SM-10 Wheels in Anthracite Finish
Front: SM-10 18x8.5" ET42 wrapped in 245/40-18 Nitto NT01 Tires
Rear: SM-10 18x11" ET60 wrapped in 315/30-18 Nitto NT01 Tires

- Ryan

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 01-25-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

There are 11 more days on the Group Buy clock, and we welcome all RL members to join in on the savings up until that point.

Here is a customer-owned 3.8L 2006 Cayman S at Palmer Motorsports Park featuring our 18" SM0-10 wheels. If these on track photos don't get your juices flowing, you may not have a pulse.

Front:
18x9” ET46 SM-10 Wheels in Race Silver
265/645-18 Pirelli DH Slicks
-3.4 camber

Rear:
18x10" ET36 SM-10 Wheels in Race Silver
305-660-18 Pirelli DH Slicks
-3.6 camber
Rolled fenders

JRZ RS Pro 3-Way Suspension and much more!

Old 02-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Everyone,

We've got 19 pledges and a total of 36 enthusiasts interested in the deal. Keep in mind the top discount tier of $300 off each set plus free shipping* only requires 40 total pledges, so if those showing interest go back into the deal and place their official pledge we will be super close to hitting the max tier!

If you genuinely want wheels at $300 off plus free shipping*, and you haven’t pledged yet, then you’re misunderstanding how the GangUp site works. We know this site is new to many of you and the strategy for success may not be obvious. Your instincts are probably telling you to wait and see what happens before you join. That is a common misconception, which ultimately limits the deal’s potential in a big way. We’ve run a lot of group buys over the years, so here are some tips for getting the most out of these deals.

Dylan on our team also created a video guide for how to pledge.

Important Tips for Group Buy Success

1. You can’t get a group discount without forming a group

If your strategy is to wait until the group achieves its goal, then you’re not really a part of the group, are you? The act of pledging is what moves the needle towards your desired discount. If everybody waited, nothing would happen. If you haven’t already, then you should pledge now and let the site do its thing.

2. Pledging is conditional and risk-free

Compare a Group Buy to bidding on an eBay auction. Your eBay bid is void if you get outbid. With a Group Buy, your pledge is void if your discount isn’t reached. The whole point of both systems is that you can place your bid/pledge at any time, risk-free, and you’re not stuck paying more than you wanted.

3. We’ve already proven we can make it

There are 36 of you already interested. It only takes 40 pledges to reach the max discount and we have 7 days left. If you pledge now, we will get there.

4. Don’t try to guess the winners and losers

Although we advise against it, many people join our deals at the last minute. Don’t interpret the current progress of a deal as an indicator of the final outcome. People don’t understand how the flow of pledges changes near the end. They will wrongly assume a deal won’t make it, so they don’t bother pledging. We’ll see 15 people pledge in the last few hours while others are sleeping. The next day they wonder what happened.

Pledge now and ride the final wave of this deal. Even better, pledge now and be the wave that makes it happen.

----------------------------

Porsche 996TT featuring 18" SM-10 Wheels in Anthracite
Front: 18×9” ET46 with 255/35-18 Toyo R888 Tires
Rear: 18×12” ET45 with 315/30-18 Toyo R888 Tires

Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers
RSS components
F: -2 degrees of camber
R: -1.8 degrees of camber

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 02-06-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I’m in

Just pledged!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Major Update - Participation Requirements Have Been Reduced!

We’re making a big alteration to this deal that you’ll appreciate. There has been a good amount of community participation so far, but we really need to supercharge the deal to get everyone to rally behind it, therefore, we have reduced the participation requirement for the top four discount tiers.

As of this evening, we’ve got 25 pledges with a total of 36 people interested. By reducing the participation requirements to the top four discount tiers we have set the deal up for success, but it is up to the community to bring it over the finish line. There are two ways to accomplish this over the next four days:

* Participants that have only shown interest need to log back into their GangUp account to place their official pledge

* Newcomers are welcome to join in on the savings. We encourage current pledged members to spread the word on the forums, or to any P car buddies that may be interested in 18” SM-10 Porsche wheels at a major discount before the season kicks off.

The Group Buy will be accepting pledges up until 2/13 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

- Ryan
Old 02-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Solid progress over the last few days guys. We've got 29 pledges in, and less than 3 days left on the clock for more to join in on the big savings.

We always see a wave of pledges coming through at the last minute, but keep in mind the GangUp platform allows you to set a minimum required discount. There is no downside to pledging now. You'll push us one step closer to reaching the max discount tier, and with just 6 more to get there, each pledge helps. Alternatively, if you wait to pledge until the very end, you'll be at the bottom of the fulfillment list and you'll hinder the momentum of the deal.

You can also go back in and edit your pledge from adjusting your finish preferences and your minimum required discount, to adding or removing accessories.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You Did it, Max Discount + Free Shipping* Achieved!

You’ve just reached the max discount tier of $300 off + free shipping in the U.S. (discounted international shipping). If you’re still on the fence, you should act now since the maximum discount is a sure thing. The longer you wait, the more likely the color or fitment of your choice could sell out. We've got just under 10 hours left for enthusiasts to join in on the savings, and we encourage you to spread the word on the forums, or to any car buddies that may be interested in the deepest discount offered on our 18" Porsche wheels before the season kicks off.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Got my wheels installed today. The quality is amazing. What impressed me the most is after mounting my Michelins 2 wheels needed no weights at all and the other 2 needed less than .50oz. Ya never see that. For $1400 shipped i am very pleased. Every step dealing with Apex was way beyond the expected customer service. I bet i emailed them 10 times asking questions and the happily answered all of them quickly. Anyone looking for wheels should really consider these guys. The only bad part was waiting for the Group Buy to end.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:49 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mbren1979
Got my wheels installed today. The quality is amazing. What impressed me the most is after mounting my Michelins 2 wheels needed no weights at all and the other 2 needed less than .50oz. Ya never see that. For $1400 shipped i am very pleased. Every step dealing with Apex was way beyond the expected customer service. I bet i emailed them 10 times asking questions and the happily answered all of them quickly. Anyone looking for wheels should really consider these guys. The only bad part was waiting for the Group Buy to end.
You guys do not waste any time! Love that clients from the recent community Group Buy are already putting the wheels through their paces. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see more photos of your 996.

What tires did you end up going with?

- Ryan
Old 02-26-2019, 12:14 AM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
You guys do not waste any time! Love that clients from the recent community Group Buy are already putting the wheels through their paces. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see more photos of your 996.

What tires did you end up going with?

- Ryan
I had an almost new set of 225/40R18 and 295/30R18 Michelin PS2's so i figured i would run those down first. Kinda glad i stayed with these. At the same time i lowered the car with BC Coilovers and did Torque Solutions bump steer kits front and rear, Torque Solutions rear upper dog bones, SPC adjustable lower control arms front and rear, Torque Solutions front and rear adjustable sway bar links and H&R sway bars. With the car sitting low and 2 degrees of camber in the rear and 1.5 in the front the rear tires are close to touching the qtrs. If i ever jump up to a 315 i will need to fender roll or adjust the rear height up. I think it looks sick! When its time for new rubber i will go with 245/315 but for now i am MORE than happy! These offsets are perfect.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” SM-10 Porsche Wheel Group Buy - Up to $300 OFF + Free Shipping