Vendor Announcements A place for Rennlist Sponsors to post new products, sales, and deals for members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPRING SPECIAL 2018 - Special Pricing on Custom Refinished Hood Crests

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 03:00 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SPRING SPECIAL 2018 - Special Pricing on Custom Refinished Hood Crests

Well it certainly has been one damn cold Winter. For those of us not in the sunny South or Southwest Spring driving weather is just around the corner!I’m sure that I’m not the only one prepping a
Porsche for a warm weather breakout and it’s in support of that spirit we’re offering our 2018 Spring Special

Over the Winter we were fortunate enough to source a quantity of used Genuine Porsche Hood Crests from our vendor network. We buy our used crests from reputable Porsche salvage yards both in the US and Europe and, when possible, pass the savings on to our
fellow Rennlist and 6speedonline Members.
As you’re already aware we carefully media blast the factory cloisinee fill and the gold finish from these genuine crests and start with that “blank canvas” before we refinish. Removing the cracked, faded and chipped fill these
pieces results in what we refer to as “highlight” and “lowlight areas. The “highlights” are the raised metal areas (outside border, stripe and antler borders, center shield) in the crest. The “lowlights” are the newly exposed metal areas previously
filled with cloisinee (stripes, antlers, center stallion, PORSCHE lettering etc.). Here’s a pic of a “half blasted” crest illustrating this:

We also upgrade the small factory mounting pins on the back of each crest with sturdier and more robust solid brass studs. Thicker and longer than the factory pins we attach these with high temp silver bearing solder applied with an
oxygen / acetylene torch. Although thicker than the factory pins these studs have factory alignment /spacing and still allow use of the same thread cutting nuts.
From now until March 31st we’re offering crests refinished with brushed nickel
plate “highlights” and either satin black or satin black + metallic / anthracite automotive enamel “lowlights”.

These are normally $199.99 and are available during our “Spring Special” for $149.99.
That’s a whopping $50 off the usual pricing!

The finish on these pieces works well with virtually every color exterior and dovetails well with silver, black or grey wheels, exhaust and factory rear badging. Here’s a few examples of pieces we’ve previously refinished for our
fellow Porsche owners and Rennlist / 6speed members:

Each of these refinished crests are a true custom piece. No two are exactly alike as each is refinished one at a time to your order. Due to the fact that we don’t have an infinite quantity of useable “core” crests to refinish we don’t have premade pieces
sitting on a shelf ready for shipping. We’ll start refinishing your custom crest upon receipt of your PayPal payment and we’ll have it on it’s way to you in 7-14 days. Shipping in the U.S via USPS First Class Mail, with tracking, is included. International shipping is
available @ $15 USD additional cost.

Postage will be purchased through PayPal as well so you will receive notification that your custom crest has shipped as well as the tracking number.Please note that we can refinish either a “newer” style crest (with outlined PORSCHE lettering in the top banner) or the “older” style with solid lettering. If you
have no preference we will refinish a “newer” style piece for you by default.
Also note that ALL Genuine Porsche Hood Crests produced since the inception of the 911 in the early 1960’s are the same size and interchangeable. The Genuine Porsche crests we refinish will fit ALL model Porsche Vehicles (except 356 Models) whether it’s
a 1960’s vintage 911 or a 2018 Macan
fresh off the dealership lot. Here’s a factory graphic which helps illustrate this. The change in part numbers reflects stylistic changes in the lettering and not whether it will fit your Porsche:

To order please remit payment via PayPal to: carreraeast@gmail.com Please remit the payment as a purchase and not as "sending money to family or friends". Also please ensure that your mailing address in PayPal is correct and current as that is where I will mail your completed custom order.

As fellow Porsche owners and enthusiasts my daughter and I truly appreciate the opportunity to refinish custom crests for you and your Porsche !

Cheers: Jim
The following users liked this post:
booss0 (02-01-2023)
Old 10-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Jim, still doing this?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Fyi - Jim is travelling and will respond when he returns
Old 02-01-2023, 01:30 PM
booss0
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Jim.

you still make custom crests?
Old 07-05-2023, 10:44 AM
Sdf302
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they still available on your ends?
Old 09-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Treemagnet
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Regarding Carreraeast: November 2022, I ordered 4 wheel crests, 1 hood crest, and 1 steering wheel crest painted in Gentian Blue and Racing Yellow in Nov 2022 and paid $820. In addition, I purchased a steering wheel crest from Porsche of Annapolis and had it shipped directly to Jim Yurgealitis (required for the steering wheel crest). He answered an e-mail December 2022 and stated he was busy with work, had put my project on the back burner, and didn't know when he'd be able to finish. He answered my call in early spring and stated he was still busy with no idea when he'd finish.

Now, he's gone dark and none of my calls or e-mails are answered.

Buyer Beware!
The following users liked this post:
fsu747 (09-02-2023)

Quick Reply: SPRING SPECIAL 2018 - Special Pricing on Custom Refinished Hood Crests