Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Feeler 1995 993 Coupe ("C2")

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:56 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler 1995 993 Coupe ("C2")

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 128000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: black
VIN: WP0AA2991SS320627
Price (no $ sign please): $40000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I have another feeler going for my 996TT X50. I am *considering* parting with both of my Porsche's for an F-car. Depends on the math and the devil talking in my one ear.

On my 993, my plan was (and may still be) to just keep restoring her little by little. She will never be a concourse winner, but a solid, fun driver.

LOTS OF UN-curated pictures of the car. Sorry for the vastness and randomness of them.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vfsptptyq...gJFiF1E5a?dl=0

Since it was a car and project of love, I wasn't really paying attention to the money I spent--- I am into her $47k plus. To be fair, I think she really is a $40k car at the moment, and that is my tipping-point price (feel free to prove me wrong and offer more LOL :-)

She is a very early 1995 car (actually a 1994 build, "code 718" car where Porsche re-VIN'd cars to the following year model) As such she has some of the most desirable 1995 benefits (OBD1, no SAI issues, no imobilizer, cleaner engine compartment, etc). She came originally with sport suspension (030), limited slip/ABD (220/224).

She has about 130k miles. I am 4th owner I believe. She lived in California much of her life and I believe I have all service records from the beginning (a big binder full). Beloved Andial did a lot of the service work early on. I have original books, tool kit, jack. 2 keys (and even the original little porsche leather key pouch).

She seeps a little oil, creeks around the windshield (my dealer, indy and glass guy cant figure it out!) and is a "patina'd" 23 year old car. Faded rear tail lights (and I have an extra set of faded ones) some stone chips and nicks, some (fixable) curb rash on the MY02 wheels. PO had a "side-swipe" repaired.

I bought her at the end of 2015 and even though I had a PPI done local to the seller (I was absentee), when she got here I found the dreaded rust on the a-pillar windshield base. I used the best body shop in Central Texas, Berli's (locals can vouch for their work) and had a glass-out repair and respray of the top of the car from the front of the windshield to below the back glass between the rain gutters on the roof for a clean cutlines and to leave as much original paint as possible. The job was about $3500 plus another $2k for both front and rear glass and all seals and misc. parts, trim, etc)). Btw, the windshield creaked before and after the repair and even after a second front glass R+R (!!) I have about a million pictures of the work in progress in the attached dropbox link.

Front driver seat bolster is rough. there are a few nicks and small tears in the interior (mostly in the back seat area from previous owners putting cargo back there) Very livable, but...

Sunroof and windows work. HVAC control works.

I have done a bunch of the little 993 stuff that one does to catch these cars up. Here is a partial list:

Tore Bergville: TORE IS AWESOME!
* HID headlights,
*T-lock w/2 remotes
* LED's inside, frunk and engine compartment
* T-OBD scan cord and OBD1 adapter
4 New CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT DWS tires about 3000 miles ago
Found (on rennlist) and installed an original CDR210 radio/cd player
VW midrange speaker upgrade (rennlist)
Armrest lid gap repair (rennlist)
Had the (cracked) vinyl dash and both door caps redone in hand stitched leather by Bob at Classic9 Leathershop.
New internal distributor belt, caps, rotors, coils and 12 spark plugs.
New fan resistors both sides (oil and AC) AC blows pretty cold for a 993
Fresh oil and filters (mobil 1) done at tPorsche Austin in January
3 spoke 996 steering wheel and airbag (original 4 spoke and airbag comes with the car)
Carbon fiber instrument dash face (authentic Porsche Tequipment, I think)
Rennline front strut brace
Repacked/re-booted CV joints
Replaced broken exhaust heat diverter flap and silicone hoses
Replaced HVAC control with broken button and slider with fully functioning used replacement (rennlist)
Air temperature sensor
Air intake risistor
Electronic Fuel pump relay
Fuel Filter and Air filter in January (same time as spark plugs)
Carnewal FPB (front protection bar) under the nose
Rebuilt steering rack by previous owner just before I bought her
Clutch by previous owner at 110k miles (she has 128 now)

Have but have not installed yet (but comes with the car):

Bilstien HP shocks from Gert at Carnewal
M030 springs from Gert at Carnewal (original owner installed Eibach's)
Front steering rack reinforcement brace
Walrod bushings
Front a-arm joints
New OEM front pads (rotors need to be turned or replaced)
New updated clutch pedal Kinematic lever (for clutch pedal box)--mine has the classic pedal hang
Pad keeper (rennlist group buy)

Lots of other little bits I have been assembling over the year to keep "up-fixin" her.

////////////

Here is what previous owner wrote to me when i was looking to buy her:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: 993
Date: December 6, 2015 at 7:19:42 PM CST
To: mark

Hi Mark.
I could not find the service records from the side-swipe. Perhaps because the insurance company took care of everything. It was a relatively minor scratch except that it that ran about 4 feet long. We didn't make any compromises on the replacement of the metal and painting of that section of car.

Hope to speak with you again soon. Best regards, Stan

On Saturday, December 5, 2015, mark wrote:
Thanks Stan!

Also, if you have any documentation of the side-swipe body repair, that would be great to see, as well.

I’ll plan on calling XXXXXXXX on monday and finding out the process for a PPI, and we’ll set it up for drop off at your convenience.

Thanks again and have a good rest of the weekend.

-mark

On Dec 5, 2015, at 12/5/15 7:08 PM, Stan Burhans <stanburhans@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark.

Attached are pics of the more important service records, as summarized below.
Nov 2007 - Replaced brake rotors and pads
June 2008 - Replaced air conditioner evaporator and expansion valve.
Sept 2010 - Replaced alternator
October 2011 - The engine was pulled to replace the rear main seal, the timing cover gaskets and several other gaskets and O-rings. At the same time the clutch and flywheel were replaced, along with the inner and outer CV boots.
Sep 2015 - Replaced steering rack and boot.
In response to your questions:
I don't think ABS fluid flushes have been performed during my ownership, at least I don't see it on my records.
Oil consumption doesn't appear to be significant based on minimal smoking and the fact that I don't need to add any oil in between the regular oil changes. It had consumed and smoked more in the past, I believe that was before the rear main seal and misc gaskets were changed.
Best regards, Stan

////////////////////

pm me or fossilfuel@gmail.com

Thanks for reading all of this!

-mark
Attached Images                

Last edited by fossilfuel; 06-19-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:00 PM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

nice cars - fair $ - what F car are you considering ? GLWS
Old 06-17-2017, 09:08 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Hi Speef-----I am considering an f430 (or maybe a cali).

It's a big leap going from everything I love about Porsche (I have owned P-cars on and off since I was in my 20's-----I am 55 now), to the Italian unknown. But I am a ducati guy, and the modern ones are lightyears ahead of the old ones in terms of live-ability for regular use and cost of ownership....so I am hoping modern f-cars (430 forward w/o cam belts) will be similar. We shall see :-)
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 AM
speef
Racer

Originally Posted by fossilfuel
Hi Speef-----I am considering an f430 (or maybe a cali).

It's a big leap going from everything I love about Porsche (I have owned P-cars on and off since I was in my 20's-----I am 55 now), to the Italian unknown. But I am a ducati guy, and the modern ones are lightyears ahead of the old ones in terms of live-ability for regular use and cost of ownership....so I am hoping modern f-cars (430 forward w/o cam belts) will be similar. We shall see :-)
we have similar taste

I rode Ducs and Beemers for 30 years and have a '97 993c2, a '96 993tt and an '05 f430 (some other Italians too)... great car, amazing chassis, perfect power/weight ratio, a very dialed in piece of kit, and, for my taste at least, great looking, not over the top like the 458 and beyond. Good value too... I think you can get a nice one for ~ $90k, many for sale these days, it's a buyers market for the 430. Great car for the money and reliable, I've had no issues to speak of.

Ferraris, as machines, are a great experience if you don't have to deal with FNA, they are very difficult to deal with, so make sure you have a good wrench you trust near by. Besides that, the only negative I would say is the brand association, it often brings out the worst in people, I get flipped off a lot in the 430 without doing anything to deserve it. No one flips me off in my 550, FF or Diablo. I think the 430 has a more exotic look which can also say a$$hole to some people. That said, if I had to sell the toys and only keep one sports car it would probably be the 993tt because it's old school and it also does everything so well.

Good luck !
Old 06-18-2017, 10:22 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Thanks speef! Nice a stable you have :-) I 10000% agree on a 993TT. That is on my bucket list----but prices have gone bonkers, probably never to return to earth.

Sad about the brand association issues with certain f-cars. I have to admit, it is one of the few things giving me pause. People make assumptions---which is sad. But I also have a Smart fortwo (which I love)---so people can make assumptions about me based on that! :-)

Like most of us here, I am a car/bike-guy-----I love what I love for me, not to impress "the Jones"----if i lived on a desert island (with good roads), i'd have and pursue the exact same cars/bikes. I like the engineering, the history (Enzo, Dr. Porsche, Colin Chapman, etc), the feel, the lines, the sounds, the smells!!!

Thanks for the kind words and advice. Happy Father's day.

-mark
Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM
fossilfuel
Instructor

bump with new pictures.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:53 PM
speef
Racer

Originally Posted by fossilfuel
Thanks speef! Nice a stable you have :-) I 10000% agree on a 993TT. That is on my bucket list----but prices have gone bonkers, probably never to return to earth.

Sad about the brand association issues with certain f-cars. I have to admit, it is one of the few things giving me pause. People make assumptions---which is sad. But I also have a Smart fortwo (which I love)---so people can make assumptions about me based on that! :-)

Like most of us here, I am a car/bike-guy-----I love what I love for me, not to impress "the Jones"----if i lived on a desert island (with good roads), i'd have and pursue the exact same cars/bikes. I like the engineering, the history (Enzo, Dr. Porsche, Colin Chapman, etc), the feel, the lines, the sounds, the smells!!!

Thanks for the kind words and advice. Happy Father's day.

-mark
I'm the same way - that's why I kept the cars - I just don't like getting flipped off all the time rarely drive them during the day, most of the time I drive around 6am, back in the stable by 9am... I enjoy the sound and the engineering... my DD is my bicycle and an '07 m6 stick... great car btw (especially for ~$20k which is what they go for these days)

If I lived on a desert Island with good roads I would spend all my time building a raft
Old 06-19-2017, 07:27 PM
speef
Racer

pm replied
Old 07-09-2017, 01:14 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

SOLD! THANKS RENNLIST

As I mentioned in the original post, this feeler was a step towards possibly owning an f-car for me. It is with much gratitude to the communities of both Rennlist and FerrariChat that that dream has come true for me.

While these cars are great and fun, it is the community of support, knowledge, history and willingness to share that makes it possible and enjoyable for "regular guys" (and gals) to dip our toes in the otherwise intimidating world of exotic and performance cars.

This is ESPECIALLY true of the 993 forum here. What a great bunch! Enthusiasts and tinkerers, all quick to lend a hand and share the benefit of their knowledge and experience.

I knew that posting here was the right place to find a credible and real audience. I hope Bobby (new owner of my 993) finds as much support here as I have. Thanks 993'ers, you're the best!

-mark (fossilfuel)
Old 08-07-2017, 12:26 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on the sale. Very nice C2, the Carrera II wheels are a nice compliment to the clean lines.

Quick Reply: Feeler 1995 993 Coupe ("C2")