Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 GT3, 38k miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 PM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2007 GT3, 38k miles

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 38500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Red
Price (no $ sign please): $60000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Up for sale is my 2007 GT3. This has been in CA and AZ for most of it's life. From what I know it spent a brief time in Hawaii and possibly Chicago. Scott (scottyarizona) on this forum owned it for quite a while in AZ before selling it to a friend of mine in CA.

This car carries a salvaged title. I still can't believe they salvaged it but his loss is our gain. I was with the PO the day before. The next day he went on a drive during car week down towards Big Sur with some exotics and ended up off the road. I've included pics from the day of taken by another friend of ours. Once he found out they were salvaging the vehicle I purchased and fixed it. All Porsche oem parts were used.

I have another P-car and that also doesn't have a back seat so with a 2 year old daughter that needs to come with us my family can't enjoy either of these together, so selling is my only option. It's been fun since I've fixed it. I figure this would make a great track car for someone or even a very nice daily driver.

I have priced accordingly based on it being salvaged. I am firm at the 60k number as I was originally going to ask 65k and then allow negotiations down to 60k. This should be a relatively quick sale and someone will get one hell of a car.

I also have a parts list of most of the stuff that was changed but here is the basics.

- front wheel carriers (steering knuckle broke off both when went on the embankment)
- new wheel bearings
- GT3 front factory CUP bumper to replace factory one which was damaged. This was the only painted body piece which needed replacing. Fenders and hood are still original.
- GT3 CUP tow hook from PMNA. This was a custom install to keep the factory center bumper and tow hook assembly. pic included.
- all 3 radiator assemblies (left, right and center). Instead of piecing these back together I purchased used assembled units and recharged the A/C at Porsche once the car was roadworthy.
- Work done at Porsche (alignment, reset airbag codes, water pump)
- new airbag control module in center console. This needed to be replaced as it stores the codes once an airbag fires and can't be reset.
- installed FVD steering wheel with airbag. I have oem wheel (no airbag)
- new carrera red seatbelt. Needed to purchase this as the seat belt cartridge fired as well.
- DME report was ran. Very few overrevs in range 1. 3 in range 2. Scott in AZ only did two DE events with this car and the previous owner in CA didn't do any nor have I. 300 over-revs in range 1 is basically one mis shift... its had an easy life.
- new 3m clear bra (custom $800) on front bumper cover with no seams/lines. The PO already had coated the entire hood and partial fenders so now it matches again and all protected.
- entire car buffed and polished after bumper was installed.
- GMG cross-over pipe in rear. I have factory rear center muffler

options:
- chrono
- sport exhaust
- single cd player
- GTRS center shift boot assembly
- Porsche roll bar, hard to find
- black OZ racing wheels (replaced 2 of them, others are brand new. I kept the rear one as it is only scratched)

Feel free to message me with any questions and include phone number if you'd like me to call you. I am not interested in anyone consigning this car or helping me sell it. Only interested parties to purchase should message.
VIN:WP0AC29937S792328

Bryan
Attached Images                
Old 05-18-2017, 07:28 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 351 Posts

My old steed! Loved that car (sold to fund lambo fling lol!). Was a great car. One correction: I only tracked it once (not twice). About 30 minutes total. My research revealed none or very little track time before I purchased. Also, 3 type 2 revs does not indicate a "missed shift." My understanding is that a type two is just hitting the rev limit hard, which is nothing like a "mechanical over rev of the type that occurs with a missed shift). Never had a single issue with the car while I owned it. Not a single leak, drop, weep, overheat, nothing. Was sorry to hear about the accident! If anyone wants some more background on the car I'd be happy to chat (just shooot me a pm). Such a pretty car.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:55 PM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Scott, thanks for chiming in. The car is very clean and still represents what Scott mentioned above.

Scott, what mileage did you own the car for... from what to what?

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 05-19-2017, 12:19 AM
D1ESEL
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Salvage is a little spooky. Do you know if that effects financing?
Old 05-19-2017, 01:20 AM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
My old steed! Loved that car (sold to fund lambo fling lol!). Was a great car. One correction: I only tracked it once (not twice). About 30 minutes total. My research revealed none or very little track time before I purchased. Also, 3 type 2 revs does not indicate a "missed shift." My understanding is that a type two is just hitting the rev limit hard, which is nothing like a "mechanical over rev of the type that occurs with a missed shift). Never had a single issue with the car while I owned it. Not a single leak, drop, weep, overheat, nothing. Was sorry to hear about the accident! If anyone wants some more background on the car I'd be happy to chat (just shooot me a pm). Such a pretty car.
Scott should I buy this one so you can buy it back from me later?
Old 05-19-2017, 01:51 AM
green gene
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D1ESEL
In my experience 50% of blue book or NADA value, could be higher depending upon your financial institution.

GLWS, ***j
Old 05-19-2017, 02:34 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Has a safety inspection been performed and rebuilt title applied for so it can be registered for street use? Or is it now a track-only vehicle?

I saw this before while it was in AZ. It's a nice one. Rare one with full leather too!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:00 AM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by D1ESEL
Yes, no bank will finance a salvaged car.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:22 AM
MisterSkiz
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s65e90
Yes, no bank will finance a salvaged car.
That is not a correct statement.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 AM
s65e90
Drifting

Received 722 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
That is not a correct statement.
So rather than say I'm incorrect, list the banks that will finance a salvaged car that aren't title/personal loans.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. To my knowledge, no one will touch a salvaged car.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Looks like Angelus Crest
Old 05-19-2017, 12:29 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a helluva a car for the money. I tried to buy a gt2 with a salvage title 2 years ago, USAA said no way, but a place like jj best most likely would pick it up but they usually require a sig down payment and the rate is higher than a clean title car. So the answer is yes and no re bank financing, but the big problem is that some states wont license a salvage title, a rebuilt title usually works. Insurance is another hurdle. glws, price is right.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:45 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I had to give up my low miles pristine 07 GT3 last year for another Porsche project, but have not forgotten how much I loved the car, Mezger, etc.
Did not notice if the coolent pipes have been pinned/welded?

Also, can anyone speak to the value from this point forward if use 3000-4000k miles per year maybe a DE event or two every year?

Thanks, Todd
Old 05-19-2017, 01:36 PM
leopard print
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking car. If I hadn't purchased my 991 and was still in the market I would be looking at this now. It's local too!

Shooting the link over to my brother to see if he has any interest. He wants to sell is GTR and get into a Porsche.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 PM
x98boardwell
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys and TT surgeon for the input.

ScottArizona owned it for a decent amount of time. To my knowledge the coolant pipes have not been pinned but from what I've heard this is mainly for the cars that will be tracked. This has been a daily driver for most of it's life and based on the DME report it's been babied as well.

I have it insured with full coverage. I'm unsure about the loan as I didn't finance the car. In CA the title cannot be rebuilt, it will stay salvaged unless it goes out of state. I did need to perform a brake, lamp and smog inspection when I registered it again to clear and allow it be registered. No issues there at all.

I have added some more photos as quite a few have asked. It is dirty from driving it while my brother was visiting from ATL last week.

Lastly, salvaged title (with a good history and story behind it) typically drops these cars about 20-25%. My price is very fair considering the life it's had and past owners who are on this forum. In addition, many GT3's have stories from being tracked so much. This one is in great shape and will be a great buy for anyone whether a DD or track car.

Thanks again for looking.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3, 38k miles