Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1994 Carrera 4 Widebody M491

Old 01-31-2017, 11:12 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C4
Mileage (numbers only please): 43500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Black on Black
VIN: WPOAB2967RS420342
Price (no $ sign please): $87500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

sorry a few silver ones as well- here is a link to more information-http://www.turbo-look.com/facts/964-carrera-4-coupe/
Old 02-01-2017, 10:41 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Never seen this car. Are you sure this is a m491? Per the red book, porsche made the 1994 993 in coupe narrow body only and ceased M491 in 1989 with the G series 3.2. There was no wide body or turbo look variant until 97 with the C2S. Curious if this is an aftermarket body kit? GLWS
The red book is a great tool but their info on the 964 is completely wrong. Their numbers are inaccurate.

This is the best and most accurate info you will find about these cars.
http://www.turbo-look.com/facts/964-carrera-4-coupe/

There were more made than you noted but as you will read not many for the US. I am not sure if the turbo S tail was factory or not. If it is that in itself is worth a fortune.

IMO you are underselling the car assuming it is in perfect condition.

GLWS
Old 02-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Kirick
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
The red book is a great tool but their info on the 964 is completely wrong. Their numbers are inaccurate.

This is the best and most accurate info you will find about these cars.
http://www.turbo-look.com/facts/964-carrera-4-coupe/

There were more made than you noted but as you will read not many for the US. I am not sure if the turbo S tail was factory or not. If it is that in itself is worth a fortune.

IMO you are underselling the car assuming it is in perfect condition.

GLWS
You're making me second guess myself now. I do know that the spoiler on the car was not a factory option since it didnt show up on the build sheet and I haven't seen that as an option in any of my research. What I don't know is if it is a genuine Porsche spoiler. I never thought of cross referencing it to the turbo S. Do you know where I would look on the spoiler to determine if it is possibly a genuine S spoiler. I assumed it was just an aftermarket one but it does look very similar to pics I've pulled up online. I may have to run home during lunch to do a little investigation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
Old 02-01-2017, 01:55 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kirick
You're making me second guess myself now. I do know that the spoiler on the car was not a factory option since it didnt show up on the build sheet and I haven't seen that as an option in any of my research. What I don't know is if it is a genuine Porsche spoiler. I never thought of cross referencing it to the turbo S. Do you know where I would look on the spoiler to determine if it is possibly a genuine S spoiler. I assumed it was just an aftermarket one but it does look very similar to pics I've pulled up online. I may have to run home during lunch to do a little investigation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
Rick,

It is a decision you have to make for yourself. It is a rare car no doubt and the widebody is a great look. Although the ultimate 964 is a widebody with narrow trailing arms like the 3.8RS.

You could put a little time into your car and should be able to ask more. or it should be a quick sale at this price, assuming no accident damage or hidden issues.

The tail was an exclusive option X93. IMo it is the best tail for the Widebody cars. Ruf uses them on his creations of this era along with the new SCR 4.2.

I have what is believed to be the last known factory turbo S tail in original gel coat. I was told 6 were made back in 1996 at a cost of $6000 US 1996 dollars and this is one of them. It is highly copied and the largest single piece tail fit to any air-cooled 911.

There are no part numbers but a single factory OE stamp in fiberglass resin just inside the area that is the wall on the back of the wing. The picture should show you the location. This tail has never been painted (hence the scratches) but the factory would have painted over the stamp and inside glass work. There would also be stainless hardware in t he glass work to hold the shrouds in place and there is a parting seem that runs along the outer edge of what would be the rubber tail portion but in this case is glass.

It would be interesting to see if it is original but sorry to say highly unlikely.

Hope the pictures help. Best luck in whatever you choose to do.
Attached Images    
Old 02-01-2017, 03:38 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

FYI

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post13927909 Post number 848
Old 02-01-2017, 07:43 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

No matter what anyone says, if your car is really underpriced, you would have sold it already by now.

Whoever buys it, will need to take time, energy and money to find and restore an original engine decklid and period correct wheels.

It's a nice example you have, and correctly priced. Good luck with the sale
Old 02-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

As real as they come, definitely a rare bread. My friend has one and I love driving behind it, such road presence!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
No matter what anyone says, if your car is really underpriced, you would have sold it already by now.

Whoever buys it, will need to take time, energy and money to find and restore an original engine decklid and period correct wheels.

It's a nice example you have, and correctly priced. Good luck with the sale
What narrow market item is a quick sale? It takes time to find the right buyer. If you're in a rush than I agree. There are a lot of little inexpensive things i see that could change a buyers mind. First impressions!! I spent a couple of hours on a friends turbo with his help and replaced a couple of minor parts and he went from no interest to having an offer without solicitation for $25k more than he was asking. Go figure.

I agree the wheels do hurt it. Even if they were cup I's chrome is a tough sell. It all depends on the mechanicals and overall condition. Wheels can always be replaced.

I have no doubt spring will bring out some interest after all the craziness calms down. People are waiting to see if WWIII will start or if it is just the sky falling.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:48 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
What narrow market item is a quick sale? It takes time to find the right buyer. If you're in a rush than I agree. There are a lot of little inexpensive things i see that could change a buyers mind. First impressions!! I spent a couple of hours on a friends turbo with his help and replaced a couple of minor parts and he went from no interest to having an offer without solicitation for $25k more than he was asking. Go figure.

I agree the wheels do hurt it. Even if they were cup I's chrome is a tough sell. It all depends on the mechanicals and overall condition. Wheels can always be replaced.

I have no doubt spring will bring out some interest after all the craziness calms down. People are waiting to see if WWIII will start or if it is just the sky falling.
Agree with much of what you say here. That said, the comp you listed has a quarter less mileage and at least correct wheels (though painted) and no whale tail.

I think the OP has priced it to move, but it's no fire sale price; especially since it will need at least new wheels and a correct decklid. At least.

If the OP did the hard work and sourced and then installed the correct wheels and decklid, I think he could come close to the price in that comp you listed come spring.

Unless we're at war with China by March, that is
Old 02-02-2017, 01:59 AM
brucebell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the owner of the "comp" car mentioned above.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post13927909

Had my car and Kirick's been side by side at their respective prices i think I'd have had a hard time deciding between them. I'm saying I think his car is very fairly priced. His has the issue of the rear wing and wheels, but those are easily replaceable. Other than that his car meets my eye very well. My car has issues too, 1) it had an ugly aftermarket stereo (at least the non-working original was in a box) and 2) previous owner enjoyed driving it...even in the winter. So there are some paint chips in the front. (unlike wheels and a tail, this isn't an easy parts swap). 3) there was no option sticker under the hood or in the warranty book. however the car did come with a copy of the original dealer invoice. Which showed the car's "painted wheels" were from the "Special wishes or exclusive program" (XD9).

I really do think Kirick's car is very fairly priced. Like mine, I doubt it will ever end up in a museum, but some lucky person will be smiling as much as i am..... I't is also not a depreciating asset.

Bruce
BTW: something i discovered today (thank you Rennlist) is that the later cars actually have some 993 parts. Ands, they also have 901 parts. How cool is that!
Old 02-02-2017, 07:47 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

^^^^^

That is great to hear. These are unique cars and very rare. Not unlike the turbos so many have been chopped up, parted out, tracked and or have serious issues from undocumented crashes.

I know of a half dozen out there that have had major reconstructive surgery. Although very nicely done one day the owners will find out that their cars are not as pristine as they think.

Finding an original paint on any of these cars is getting tougher but as a driver it is a non issue. IMO it is better this way you don't have to worry about damaging it. That is always my fear when I drive my Turbo. It is all original paint and all it takes is. Well lets not go there.

In any case. I think you purchased a great car nothing like a widebody 964 and I wish you the best with it. Hopefully you will share some of the differences you uncover and drive it like you stole it.

Whatever Kirick does I am sure he will be happy. He has a nice example and if he is happy with the deal that is all that matters. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.

PS: I am still kicking myself for not buying this 27k original wimbledon green example when I was offered it at $70k
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I have a pair of cup 1 wheels, that came off an RSA, sitting in my garage if that could help you. They are the fronts only, so you'd still need to find the appropriate rear wheels. Figured I'd throw that out there since they've been sitting for 10 years and aren't doing me any good - just taking up space.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:33 PM
FLYER993
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

bump for a rare bird. Also, what kind of $$ are set of Cup 1 for WB going for?
Old 02-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Bump for a nice car at a fair price and a good seller.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 Carrera 4 Widebody M491