Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S Excellent condition

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 01:40 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S Excellent condition

Year: 1988
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo S
Mileage (numbers only please): 90300
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Sunroof
Color: Stone Grey Metallic
VIN: WP0AA2952JN151521
Price (no $ sign please): $16000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

The car is currently at Check Point Auto in Marietta, GA and is available for viewing by appointment by calling John @ Check Point Auto - 770-951-1777

Asking price is $16,000 or best offer~

Greetings everyone,

If you are looking for a reliable needs-nothing 944 Turbo S then today is your day! I am helping a good friend and customer of mine sell his 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S. He is the 3rd owner of the car, I was the second owner so we have a full history on it which I have included below~ **The car does have a branded salvage/rebuilt title - Full explanation below**

Details:

1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S, 90,3xx Miles
-Original window sticker and purchase invoice
-Service records dating back to new
-Stone Grey Metallic Exterior
-Light Grey Leather Interior

Mechanically the car is almost perfect with nearly every portion of the car having been updated since it was awoken from its' hibernation! See list of work done below~

Exterior paint is in good condition but there are a few areas that could use some attention to be perfect as there are a few areas which got messed up by a cheap car cover. The front bumper could also use some refinishing work to be perfect as one of the cracks from the accident is starting to show through.

Interior is in excellent condition with only a few imperfections and a few small cracks on the dash in the standard areas around the defrost vents. Front seats were just recovered in leather in February 2015 and look like new.

The car has had quality performance modifications done and when dyno tested made 297 RWHP, 351 RWTQ using the factory air metering system so additional power could be had by adding an aftermarket MAF meter.

Short list of recently performed work:
- Koni "Cup" coil-over suspension
-X-drilled front brake rotors
-Hawk blue brake pads
-Blaupunkt Stereo and speakers installed
-Upgraded Lindsey Racing "Motorsport" axles
-New Genuine Porsche motor mounts
-New Air Conditioning compressor
-New Porsche Factory European Driving Lights
-New Windshield with built in Antennae
-Front seats recovered in full leather
-Oil Pan Gasket replaced
-Installed Lindsey Racing Weld-in Oil pan baffles
-Replaced connecting Rod Bearings

All of the following work was done within the last 20,000 miles and most of the major engine/cylinder head work was done within the last 10,000 miles while I worked at a Porsche repair shop at a cost of over $9,000:

Cylinder head completely rebuilt, New Intake Valves, Valve Guides & Seals, Titanium Retainers, Radiused Valves, Milled for higher compression, ported and port matched to intake.
Wide Fire Headgasket Installed
Entire top end of engine taken apart and resealed, Balance Shafts, Oil Cooler, only gasket not replaced was the oil pan gasket. (**Oil pan gasket replaced on 2/20/2014**)
Many new sensors, water temp etc.
New water pump, Timing belt and balance shaft belt and rollers, belts
Many hoses/vacuum lines replaced - 0 vacuum leaks.
New Motor Mounts
Fuel injectors cleaned and flow matched
New Spark Plugs, Plug Wires, Distributor cap etc.
New Throttle Position Sensor
New Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
New Adjustable billet bypass valve
Custom 3" exhaust
New Lindsey Racing Boost Enhancer
New Lindsey Racing LR Max Custom Chips (stock chips included)
New Lindsey Racing Blue Silicon Cooling Hose kit w/ heater hoses
New Lindsey Racing Blue Silicon Intake Boot
New Coolant afterrun pump
Cam Tower Powdercoated
Intake manifold coated with Nanoboost thermal resistant finish
New Power Steering Reservoir and New Lines
New Clutch Master Cylinder
New Clutch Slave Cylinder
New Clutch Hose
New Kennedy Engineered Performance Aluminum Pressure Plate
New 911 Turbo Clutch disc
Flywheel lightened and balanced by approx 7 lbs.
New Throwout Bearing, Clevis rod, needle bearings etc.
Transmission inspected and rebuilt with new Syncros, Swepco 203
New front and rear Brake Rotors, Pads etc.
New Tie Rod ends

This car has been fanatically owned its entire life and it shows! The original owner Kenny K. had bought an 87 944 Turbo and loved them so much traded it in on the new "Turbo S" when they released it the next year. This Turbo S was purchased new from Moore Motors in Philadelphia, PA for $49,626.

The car lived a happy life and was garage kept in NC until in January 2002 when slick roads caused him to drive over a center median and did some minor damage to the car. This is what led to the current rebuilt/salvage title, Carfax states "incident occured and January of 2002 - "Accident reported in Wake County. Vehicle involved in crash with fixed object. Very minor damage reported". At that time it was taken off the road and the father & son team took it upon themselves to repair the car. Unfortunately Kenny became ill not long after repairs began and ultimately passed away before the car could be finished.

Luckily the family knew how much the car meant to Kenny and made sure the car was taken care of while it was stored. The interior of the car was packed with old linens and bedding materials to ensure the interior wouldn't wear out and it really shows. His son ended up joining the army and was deployed to the middle east where he met a young lady and moved to London, so the car sat untouched and in pieces in a climate controlled garage in North Carolina until 2009. That is when Kenny's widow was selling her house and without her son to help with the car she put the car up for sale on Craigslist... That is where my part of the story begins!

At the time I was in between jobs but had been bitten hard by the Porsche bug. I just had to sell my 99 911 Carrera but still wanted a Porsche so the hunt began for a 944 when I found a very poorly worded and cryptic craigslist post for the car. Luckily I was the first person to respond and after a few agonizing weeks going back and forth I finally got some pictures and was amazed to find out it was a Turbo S! The icing on the cake is when she had her son who was on duty in Iraq call me and confirm the whole story and that it is a Turbo S (which I had just found out by the pictures minutes before he called).

Needless to say I locked in the deal and headed up to NC to pick up the car as soon as I could thanks to a friend I once had who helped tremendously - Thanks Patrick~

When I finally got the car home and assessed the issues they were pretty minor. I did a full tune up on the car, send the fuel injectors out for cleaning, drained the gas etc. and brought back to roadworthy condition with fairly minor work. The radiator, A/C condenser and transmission cooler were replaced. The front bumper was refinished but is still original to the car as it had only some minor cracks which were repaired and repainted. Once it was back together the car fired right up after a 7 year slumber!! Once the car was running I had the state of Georgia come out to inspect the vehicle. After that I sent the car to Rylands' Specialized Import Service in Marietta, GA to have the timing belt and water pump done which ultimately led to me working there and getting the car fully mechanically restored and the performance modifications done.

After owning the car for several years I had to parts ways with it and sold it to my good friend and customer, its' current owner who is a true 944 fanatic ( he currently has 7 944's, 3 turbo race cars, 2 turbo street cars and 2 N/A street cars!) and has really spared no expense in making sure the car had everything it wanted/needed during his 4 years of ownership! We have receipts totaling over $18,000 spent on the car in just the past 4 years!!

Unfortunately he has run out of space to store his growing collection of vehicles and has decided it is time to part ways with this one. So consider this your lucky day! He also has a 1985 944 Turbo Playboy Cup factory race car which will be available soon~

Current owner detailed work records and recent work performed:

3/16/2016 - Work done by Butler Tire - $140
-4 Wheel Alignment

1/6/2016 - Work done by Check Point Auto - $2,625.14
-Upgrade suspension to Koni "Cup" coil-over kit
-Replaced front brake rotors with X-Drilled rotors

10/31/2015 - Work done by Sound Sensations -$575.64
-Install TR400 4" speakers

8/24/2015 - Work done by Check Point Auto - $2,130.00
-Replaced drive axles with upgraded Lindsey Racing "Motorsport" axles
-Replaced Engine motor mounts with Genuine Porsche motor mounts

6/22/2015 - Work done by Autoworks1 - $1,076.72
-Replaced A/C Compressor - evac & recharge system

6/8/2015 - Work done by Check Point Auto - $684.78
-Replaced front brake pads with Hawk "Blue" brake pads
-Flush and bleed braking system
-Transmission fluid change
-Oil & Filter Change
-Check & Charge A/C System

4/24/2015 - Work done by Autoworks1 - $244.25
-Check A/C, Check Decklid, replace bulbs

3/16/2015 - Work done by Sound Sensations - $659.74
-Install Blaupunkt CX160 6.5" speakers & 2.5" mids
-Install Barcelona 230

9/15/2014 - Work done by Autoworks1 - $265.91
-Install European driving lights

3/27/2014 - Purchased European driving lights from Jim Ellis Porsche - $790.94

3/24/2014 - Work done by Select Luxury Service - $888.80
-Replaced Windshield with center wire in glass
-Adjust suspension

2/9/2015 - Work done by Marietta Auto Trim - $2,148.00
-Front Seats professionally recovered in full Leather

2/20/2014 - Work done by Goldcrest Motorsports - $4,452.24
-Replaced the oil pan gasket and installed a Lindsey Racing weld-in oil pan baffles
-Replaced connecting Rod bearing with all new hardware
-Numerous other small issues addressed

10/16/2012 - Work done by Butler Tire - $432.72
-Mount/Dismount tires - refill with Nitrogen
-4 Wheel Alignment

10/3/2012 - Work done by Wheel Wizard - $720.00
-Repair and refinish face of wheels (4)

8/6/2012 - Invoice from Lindsey Racing - $376.01
-Purchased wastegate outlet muffler, tips and clamps
Attached Images          

Last edited by JJK78; 02-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:05 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

Carfax says "Branded salvage title".......
Old 12-13-2016, 02:11 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JJK78

The car lived a happy life and was garage kept in NC until in January 2002 when slick roads caused him to drive over a center median and did some minor damage to the car. This is what led to the current rebuilt/salvage title, Carfax states "incident occured and January of 2002 - "Accident reported in Wake County. Vehicle involved in crash with fixed object. Very minor damage reported". At that time it was taken off the road and the
father & son team took it upon themselves to repair the car. Unfortunately Kenny became ill not long after repairs began and ultimately passed away before the car could be finished.

Luckily the family knew how much the car meant to Kenny and made sure the car was taken care of while it was stored. The interior of the car was packed with old linens and bedding materials to ensure the interior wouldn't wear out and it really shows. His son ended up joining the army and was deployed to the middle east where he met a young lady and moved to London, so the car sat untouched and in pieces in a climate controlled garage in North Carolina until 2009. That is when Kenny's widow was selling her house and without her son to help with the car she put the car up for sale on Craigslist... That is where my part of the story begins!
Originally Posted by AC/911's
Carfax says "Branded salvage title".......
That is correct, I have that in the full history at the bottom of the ad, I've highlighted the explanation of what happened above. I repaired the car and had it recertified in Georgia. If you have any questions about it let me know.

**I've updated it in the original posting to be more clear at the top of the post of the title situation - thanks.**

Thanks
John

Last edited by JJK78; 12-13-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:24 PM
senordude
Track Day

Is this Turbo S still available?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:08 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by senordude
Is this Turbo S still available?
Sorry didn't see this message but yes, car is still available.

Owner needs to make some room so lowering the price.
Bump~
$16,000 obo

Quick Reply: 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S Excellent condition