Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1994 Porsche 968 Coupe - 3 Owners, All Records From Window Sticker - Original Paint

Old 11-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Soumik
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Porsche 968 Coupe - 3 Owners, All Records From Window Sticker - Original Paint

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 968
Mileage (numbers only please): 87381
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0AA2969RS820373
Price (no $ sign please): $14500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Would love to keep this car and restore it to perfection, but I'm getting ready for a cross country move for work. As such, I'm a very motivated seller! She's far from a concourse vehicle but was a stellar daily driver and could be again with very minor love. Hoping to find her a great new owner and home.

This car has a production date of Sept. 16, 1994 and was originally sold through Autohaus Lancaster in Lancaster, PA on Oct. 20, 1994.

It was owned by a family who serviced it at Knopf Automotive in Allentown, PA for the following 13 years until it was sold to a private owner in NJ in August of 2007 with 60,750 miles on it. The new owner was a Porsche enthusiast who rarely drove the vehicle and kept paper receipts of the parts he installed during regular maintenance. I purchased the car in May of 2008 with just 63,250 miles on the clock.

I'm the third owner and have every service record for the vehicle- dating back to the original window sticker from the purchase in Lancaster, PA. I've kept every service record and receipt organized in a binder that will come with the car. I also have the original owner's manuals and leather case they came in, which will come with the car.

The car served as my daily driver for two years, during which I put an additional ~24k miles on the car without any major issues. The car has never been in any major accidents throughout its life and only one very minor fender bender (resulting in a cracked fog light lens cover, noted below) during the time I've owned it. This one incident is noted in the vehicle history / CarFax report and I have also uploaded a copy of the police report from the incident for verification.

There is no lien on the vehicle and I have the clean title in hand. The vehicle is in the DC/MD/VA area, but I'm happy to work with a buyer on shipping.

Last but not least, I have no idea if my pricing is way off on the car. Would appreciate any input from experts to make sure I'm asking a realistic amount for a fair deal.

The "OEM+" Bits
  • Upgraded wheels (detailed below)
  • Upgraded stock air box
  • Broadfoot Racing cat-back stainless race exhaust ($800 value, just passed Maryland emissions last week)
  • Rear hatch trim and spoiler color-matched to body

General
  • A/C blows strong and cold
  • Despite being an east coast car, it is 100% rust free
  • All trouble mechanical areas (headlights, sunroof, rear differential) function without issues
  • Car will come with two main keys as well as two valet keys
  • Original owner's manuals and Porsche embossed leather case included
  • Porsche factory Service Information Technik manual (issued to students of Porsche Service Training Center) included

Engine & Transmission
  • Engine & drivetrain are strong, car starts without hesitation and runs well
  • The higher flowing intake and cat-back exhaust combination make a mean engine grumble that turns heads
  • Oil and filter were changed <50 miles ago
  • Clutch occasionally has some minor chatter when shifting through lower gears, but doesn't affect performance or slip

Interior
  • Leather & dash are extremely clean with no broken plastic, rips, stains, or tears
  • Top of dash is starting to show some minor cracks from sun wear, nothing major
  • The brackets holding the driver/passenger sun visors and rear view mirror seem to have broken off (I have the rear view mirror and one of the visors)
  • Radio was replaced with an "O-car" unit designed for iPhones in 2009. You'll definitely want to swap this out for either a vintage unit like the CR-1 or something with a normal faceplate for daily usage.
  • The bracket for the passenger side glove box has come loose so the glove box door opens all the way on its hinge (doesn't affect functionality)

Wheels & Brakes
  • Upgraded to new genuine OEM 17" Porsche Boxster Twist or "Cup 3" wheels ($1,000 value)
  • Brand new brake job was performed 45 miles ago (pads, rotors, sensors - a $2k job)
  • Good tires all around (245/40ZR17 fronts, 275/40ZR17 rears) and the new buyer should have NO problem driving this vehicle home from purchase

Exterior
  • All front and rear lights function except the front driver's side fog lamp, which is cracked
  • The paint is the car's weak point, as some panels have started to show oxidation but you can still see signs of the true red paint under all the panels- one good detail job with compound, polish & wax should fix this. I tried to take some close ups of the best (driver's side rear quarter) and worst paint (hood)
  • The dark strips you see directly behind the front wheel wells are stone guard decals which have become dirty over the years and can be cleaned or removed
  • The black plastic lip under the front bumper has come loose but doesn't affect performance and will come with the car
  • There is a crease on the front driver's side fender and *very* slight creasing on the hood which should come out with paint-less dent removal (PDR) techniques

Electronics
  • The tachometer, oil pressure, voltage, and engine temp all work but the speedometer, odometer, and cluster backlight have stopped working
  • The mileage is true and I have put on 53 miles since I noticed the odometer stopped moving at 87,381
  • The check engine light and anti-lock brake lights are on although the last shop who changed the brakes and fluids said they couldn't find any reason for them to be tripped
  • The front and rear wipers are not working properly, not sure if a fuse or motor issue so for now I disconnected the rear wiper motor
  • Brand new Duralast Gold battery installed in October 2016 ($190 value, two-year warranty from Auto Zone)
  • I am keeping the positive terminal disconnected until all of the electrical issues can be figured out to avoid any phantom drains killing the battery while parked
Attached Images                                        
Old 11-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Soumik
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a question from a member so figured I should let everyone else know too, the car is on eBay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322314359800...84.m1555.l2649

Unfortunately my move West is happening a lot faster than even I anticipated, so I'm trying to sell the car by Sunday. Would then work with the buyer to arrange pick up/shipping the following week- my last week in town.

As such, I'm an even more motivated seller now!

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and if you're seriously interested, I will cancel the auction and gladly sell to a Rennlist member.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 Porsche 968 Coupe - 3 Owners, All Records From Window Sticker - Original Paint